Jan preguntado en Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · hace 1 mes

Am I going to be fired for recording a lunch break on a shift that finished the same time the lunch break will start?

Long story short, I forgot to fill in my timesheets after each shift because I was simply too lazy to fill it out after each workday.  I now recorded a 30 minute lunchbreak on one of my shifts that ended early at the same time the lunch break was about to start.  I gave my reason to my employer that I wasn't sure if there was a lunchbreak on that shift because I had forgotten to record it in my timesheet for that day, so I thought I'd record a 30 minute lunch break for that shift to avoid a possible overpayment. However, I did not take into account they might see it the wrong way and think I was going to take a lunch break and go back to work before providing a false or misleading finish time for that shift. 

My shift for that date started 7:00 AM and finished 11:00AM before I recorded a 30 minute lunch break.  

I'm worried they might see me as a dishonest person and fire me, despite trying to be honest and risking 30 minutes worth of work by stating I had a 30 minute lunch break. 

I'm feeling very worried. 

Actualización:

No reply was given. 

2 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes
    Respuesta preferida

As an employer, I would see you as dishonest. You didn't do your time sheets because you're too lazy. And, I suspect laziness carries over to your job. If it does, you're fired.

On the other hand, if I like your work, I'd give you a warning with your supervisor present. No more cheat sheets.

• hace 1 mes

What did your employer say when you gave him/her your reasons?

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.