Goerge
Lv 7
Goerge preguntado en Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · hace 1 mes

How much time are you going to invest in breakfast this morning? ?

I am NOT happy!!! Someone asked a question last night about our favorite recipes and being me, I answered and then I couldn't stop thinking about it. So here it is, 5:30 a.m. and I am making cinnamon rolls https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/caramel-pecan...  And the Denver omelettes, hash browns and fruit salad are still hours away. 

I'll probably invest about 4 or 5 hours into breakfast this morning. 

Actualización:

My roommates and neighbor will enjoy this breakfast so the time involved is more than worth it. For you kswck2,, your not worth it so I give you 1 minute of my time. Too bad you don't know the labor of love which is the culinary arts. One day, should you start thinking of others and not only of your self, you may realize that it really does feel better to help others and not only yourself. 

Actualización 2:

@ckngbbbls's In all fairness, the rolls ARE a dessert. The Denver omelettes, shredded taters and fruit salad(fresh) brings the nutrition and the dessert brings smiles and an occasional groan of pleasure. Although they garnered an insult from you. Oh well, we all have bellybuttons too. 

Actualización 3:

@CB You have my apologies, that recipe has only been my guideline for the past decade(WOW!) and I should have been more specific concerning that. But I will go take a look. 

No. 

Water? Why do I want to add "profit" to my rolls? The proteins in whole milk helps to give the final product its pillowy texture. The water would be detrimental to my recipe.WHAT!? Chili powder?Never took you for a troll, I mean I do put nutmeg in my brisket but ain't no chili powder going in my rolls. And cloves!!!? 

Actualización 4:

No thank you CB, I do appreciate the advice.  I don't like cloves. AND CORIANDER along with chocolate chips and then some cardamom. And.... No, that recipe has ingredients I don't care for and it's way too busy. 

Actualización 5:

Just to be clear I do like the rest of the spices in there including coriander but not in my cinnamon rolls. Those aren't cinnamon rolls imo, I mean they seem like they would taste like some Lebanese chicken I've made before.

10 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes
    Respuesta preferida

Not long at all. On a good breakfast day, I would have a bowl of Muesli, a banana, raspberry yoghurt, a croissant and a glass of cranberry juice or water. On a bad day, I would have one of those things. Takes 2 minutes to get them ready.

• hace 1 mes

I don't eat breakfast normally.

You sound like an amazing neighbor. I wish I lived by!!

• hace 1 mes

About 30 minutes which is average for me.

• John P
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Not much time. Porridge and toast and tea will suit me.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

Lol legit like ten min max

• CB
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Try these cinnamon rolls next time - https://www.food.com/recipe/hot-cinnamon-buns-marl...

Likely you will find them far superior......different though, so not comparing apples and apples. 

• About three minutes which is how long it takes to make a pot of coffee.

• hace 1 mes

used to bake every monday, 14 loaves of bread and what ever else we wanted...cinnamon rolls were on the list but never for breakfast. I prefer something with nutrients to keep me going, not a dessert.

• hace 1 mes

The time it takes to pour cereal into a bowl, add a handful of fresh blueberries, pour on the milk and eat.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Anyone who doesn't make breakfast for a living should Never spend so much time on it, unless it is a one off thing for a party or some such. 

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.