Regwah
Lv 7
Regwah preguntado en Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · hace 4 meses

Deuteronomy 23:1 "No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord"?

What did God mean when he wrote that in the bible?

Actualización:

So far we have sex workers, self mutilators & slaves that shall not enter the assembly of the Lord.

Yes it is difficult to grasp Donald, please forgive my ignorance, no I haven't "got it" it escapes me.

Actualización 2:

@ BJ you have me blocked, I wanted to give you a thumbs up & it wouldn't stick.

Why would you block me & still bother to answer my questions?

12 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 4 meses
    Respuesta preferida

Means that your imaginary friend found handicapped people to be yucky.

• hace 4 meses

Harsh people, harsh Law.  Gentle people, gentle Gospel.  The people were a rabble of murderous adulterers, and they needed blunt types and figures of spiritual incompleteness or imperfection.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    hace 4 meses

He didn't write it. Old Testament rabbis wrote it. Jesus Christ corrected many such Old Testament beliefs.

• User
    Lv 7
    hace 4 meses

First: God didn't write that in the Bible.

What it means: only a select group of men was to be allowed to enter the portion of the Jewish Temple reserved for men during religious services, described as "the assembly of the LORD" (or "the assembly of Yahweh"). Qualifications for joining that group were somewhat strict from our perspective, and there were many other qualifications as well.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 4 meses

I suppose that the assembly of God is for people who will pass their genes to the next generation (likes perpetual life where one's progeny lives on).

• hace 4 meses

It was an early form of anti-trans discrimination, of course.

• hace 4 meses

I think He was letting us know in a symbolic way that a perfect sacrifice (Jesus Christ) was necessary for people to be acceptable to God.   We are not under Mosaic Law today since Jesus became that perfect sacrifice. 

• BJ
    Lv 7
    hace 4 meses

Evidently, therefore, it had to do with deliberate emasculation for immoral purposes, such as homosexuality. Such a one was to be kept out of the congregation, not being allowed to associate with it, thereby protecting its purity.

In the case of the Christian congregation, persons who have been castrated are not barred from entry, for the Law has been set aside on the basis of Christ’s sacrifice. (Col 2:13, 14)

Nevertheless, the laws above quoted illustrate God’s regard for the reproductive organs and strongly indicate that an operation that would destroy a person’s procreative powers simply because he had no appreciation for that gift from God would be wrong.

• Anónimo
    hace 4 meses

Your perversions show you to be a demented soul

• Anónimo
    hace 4 meses

In the olden days wars were fought to capture resources or slaves or both. The male slaves would be either be killed or castrated to prevent them from breeding with the women. Thus the Lord has a Chosen People who will worship Him called the Twelve Tribes of Israel, he who wrestles with God. 

• hace 4 meses

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord".

Typically, they were sex workers in the worship of false gods.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.