Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · hace 4 semanas

I’m sad how to overcome?

okay so long story short. I feel like in a funk. My boyfriend I realized last night will never be how I want him to be (lots of family drama and guilt that he feels affecting himself) so I will not have that just nice easygoing relationship (and yes I know all things have ups & downs but this is different.). My friends are in and out my best sidekick is gone, everyone else when they get busy act shady towards me. I’m going on vacation and I’m not even excited. I just feel lost and I don’t know what to do, to get over it. I feel sad because none of this is what I want if that makes sense. I want a good boyfriend who doesn’t have constant family issues, I want good friendships where I can always count on someone. What should I do? I just don’t feel happy and I hate it. I’m 18 I should be happy but I’m just not. 

Actualización:

I have loving parents, aunts uncles, grandparents but it’s like this inner conflict that I have going on with my boyfriend and friends. 

5 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    hace 4 semanas

You make a choice to accept your boyfriend as he is and not try to change him (doesn't work) or you end the relationship now and move on

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    hace 4 semanas

I think the problem might be that you're trying to rely on other people to make you happy instead of finding ways of making yourself feel good. We're all in a bit of funk right now owing to pandemic restrictions and just the sorry state of the world. So it's important to find little things we can do to take ours minds off of it all. The term "self care" is cringy af, but it's something we're all going to have to do if we want to live through this without losing our minds. Maybe just decide you're going to make the best of this vacation. Spend some time with books, movies or music you love. Start a craft project of some kind. But mostly think about your future. You're 18 so you've like recently finished high school and should be thinking about what your next move is. Whether it's college, vocational training or just trying your hand in the job market, being motivated to get to the next step in life is where your head should be right now. This is a time of transition for everyone and it's usually when we start to figure out what childhood companions to keep and which to get rid of for our own sanity. 

• Dave
    Lv 5
    hace 4 semanas

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, KJV).

• hace 4 semanas

So at 18....or probably younger....you've picked the wrong boyfriend.  At your age you expect a lot and fantasise about the 'ideal' life, person, house, future etc.  By 25 when you are fully mature, you will lower your expectations to somewhere nearer reality.  Nobody is perfect.  Ok, your head knows that already....but your heart doesn't.  You've probably had a lot of ups/downs with this guy and have been gradually working out what's wrong and it's sad because you have suddenly realised the truth.  You have outgrown him.  You sound more mature than he is.  Why waste your life bothering about a guy and his family/guilt/depression/problems etc.  Sounds like he's dumped it all on you once too often.  Sad to say, you'd be better off going home to mother and making a totally clean break from him.  He wants a shoulder to cry on all the time.  Why should that shoulder be yours for any longer?  DON'T go down the route of 'lets be friends' or you'll never be rid of him.  This isn't what I want out of life and I'm sorry but you just don't do it for me anymore and I can't go on.  Goodbye forever.  Then cut all ties and don't check up on him either.  It might make him learn to stand on his own two feet without you as his emotional prop and whipping-girl.  Good luck

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Magma
    Lv 5
    hace 4 semanas

Yeah and I want to win the lotto. Life never works out according to plan. You have some growing up to do before you realise that it's not all about what you want.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.