Regwah
Lv 7
Regwah preguntado en TravelAustraliaOther - Australia · hace 5 meses

How long before you can retire, do you plan on being self funded?

7 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 5 meses
    Respuesta preferida

The longer the better.    Or you can enlist and serve 12 months in a war and get a DVA Pension for life like Grubbie. Live in a mansion with a pool.  Remember Broken Hill Moron. 

• Anónimo
    hace 5 meses

I started retiring back in the 80's, I thought to myself there's no use in putting off the inevitable by waiting til I'm old, so I might as well start now.

• hace 5 meses

As a millennial I imagine I will have to work til I die. I make voluntary contributions to National Insurance but I don’t think there will be anything left by the time I get to retirement age. They will probably raise it to 80 by then anyway. I will most definitely be self-funded. 

The business partner from my second company retired a few years ago at the age of 30. He went to Brazil on holiday, met a chick and never came back. He is still there now and is married with a young girl. He has been living off dividends from his 24.5% share in the company. The problem with that is that you never know what will happen, a pandemic might occur. There will be no dividend payments for a few years now, the company owes me a lot of money. He will have to get a job in Brazil. He can’t leave Brazil either because he is Syrian and trying to get citizenship there. 

• Got another 25-30 years before I retire but I don't take it too seriously because the government seems to push the age retirement up further every 5 years. Might have to work til I drop.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 5 meses

i

am retired now

self funded

and when

i

am old enough to get the  pension it will be a part pension

• Anónimo
    hace 5 meses

In Australia it's a free ride never have to work.

• hace 5 meses

I reckon I will work for another 17 years, then retire earlier than most. I own my own house, and are comfortable now.

I won't have to worry about going on a pension, as I have very good super.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.