Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en PetsDogs · hace 1 mes

My dog won't eat :( ?

My family is renovating our house and have been making very loud sounds all day (vacuums, hammering, buzz saws) and my dog refuses to eat or drink. She has been laying in the same spot all day. She refuses to eat, even out of my hand. 

Is she just stressed out by all the sound? Or is it more likely there's something more wrong? 

3 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

Not only all the noise but the intrusion of strangers into her home.  Is there some place that she can stay to be away from all the noise & strange people?  Another house somewhere?  She won't starve herself if there is food available.  She will take care of herself the best she can if she has to stay there while all the renovations.  Don't try to force feed her or force her to drink water.

Put her in a room that is not being worked, turn of some loud radio or TV, stuff cotton in her ears, leave her food & water & just let her be.  How was she last night with all the fireworks?  Petrified?  Mine, too.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Anxiety.and when really anxious a dog will not eat........... so get your dog on a lead and take it out for a walk away from the noise it fears so much, take some food with you and see if it will eat once it is out

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I have no idea.  I have never interacted with your dog.  I'll bet a Veterinarian would know!

One of my dogs HATES any type of change or commotion.  I KNOW that, and I shield her from upset?

If you live with your dog and you don't know, I have no chance of guessing the correct answer.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.