What is the last physical c.d. you bought?

I bought several c.d.s for a dollar in c.d. bin at a record store in Dubuque, Iowa but I haven't lived there in nearly a decade so that was around 10 years ago at least. I gave all my c.d.s to Goowill around 5 yearso ago when I moved to Moline, IL. Some headbanger hit the jack pot that day or probably several of them as I had close to 1,000 c.d.s.

I still buy albums bought i buy them digitally these days.

9 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes
    Respuesta preferida

I just bought several in the past week:

Some jazz -- Martha Tilton, Helen Forrest, Cootie Williams

Some punk -- new releases from Bad Cop/Bad Cop and The Real McKenzies

Some ska -- the latest from Buck-O-Nine

Some blues -- a compliation (T-Bone Walker, Lowell Fulson, Johnny Otis, and the like)

I like CDs because the music is lossless and, therefore, usually has better sound quality than the typical MP3 file.  Plus, the stereo in my truck has a CD player, as do the ones in my living room and my back yard.  MP3s only advantage is portability.  I rip all my CDs to my media player on PC so that I can copy them on my MP3 player for use at the gym and on bike rides.  But CDs sound better, so I'll listen on CDs when possible.  I mean, sure, one could get FLAC files or other near lossless digital formats, but they eat memory compared to the typical MP3 file...which, in the end, negates the main advantage of MP3s (which favor quantity and portability over quality).

• hace 4 semanas

The Radsoles "That Was Then, Then Is Now"....i know, you are saying 'who'?  they were an incredibly successful late 80's early 90's regional band from texas whose stuff sound very contemporary in the tom petty, replacements, U2, jason and scorchers, veins....

why the CD versus just streaming online or purchasing from Itunes?  It is a 30 year anniversary retrospective and I wanted to see the liner notes, the band photos, the rarities, etc. as it took me back to a time and place.  Really good stuff actually.  Stream their live version of "gee,i'm sorry" or their hit "full speed ahead" on your favorite service if nothing else and discover a new band :)

Fuente(s): bought the cd
  • Quato
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Possibly 'The Nothing' by KoRn... I think I own that one anyway, I still buy a CD every now and then, I prefer to just get stuff off bandcamp

• hace 1 mes

I can't remember the title but it was a double live CD by Richard Thompson.

I bought it, mail order, maybe a month ago.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Black Sabbath - The End 

(I think)..

I buy both CDs and concert DVDs/Blu-Ray & now it's more often Blu-Ray They get used once, when they are ripped to my media collection.

I think that was the last CD, but I could be mistaken..

I never part with any originals, they are always available then if anything happens to the network storage array I keep everything on. 

I have a collection spanning over 50 years, albums / singles / cassettes kept but replaced by CDs for anything worth listening to, then CDs, some SACD or better digital formats for all newer stuff.

5278 Gigabytes used for music storage, as of this instant..

Plus movies - I do the same with movie DVD and now blu-ray discs.

Total network storage used around 27 terabytes so far, all with double redundancy.

• hace 1 mes

Andrea bocelli Concerto: one night in Central Park 

Jann Arden Spotlight

• polly
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes
  • dman63
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets

• Chad
    Lv 4
    hace 1 mes

King Diamond "The Eye"

Attachment image
    Fuente(s): sorry to disappoint you sickos, but no naked photos of Chad today...
¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.