Lee
Lv 7
Lee preguntado en Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · hace 1 mes

True/False: People ask you what you do for a living so they can calculate the level of respect to give you?

10 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 3 semanas
    Respuesta preferida

True. I always sensed it when asked by distant relatives and strangers. 

Here’s a tip, either lie and tell em you’re on secret mission, or ask em what they have done for society. 

• Mrs H
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

It's true and false. It will always depend on what kind of person you are dealing with 

• hace 1 mes

That is undoubtedly  part of it . 

They may also be competitive and want to see how they stack up against you  salary , or   position wise. 

We know many white collared jobs,  look down on Blue collar peons. 

• hace 1 mes

i would say that is sometimes true. i know it isn't totally false though. i have family members asking me ALL the time "where do you work now" luckily for me though my profession really gives no fk's about respect in that way because we work hard, we work all hours of the day, get paid very little, and also work all holidays. we literally get no days off. all year round. corona virus? we still open. 

i've never been the type of person to not respect someone because of what position they hold or how much money they make UNLESS.. you are like my coworkers who hold a high position but do very little work then they are supposed to do and still get paid for it. that is one thing that pisses me off; lazy people that so call "work" and get paid for it or act like they work hard. 

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

Nobody in the UK is that crass.

• hace 1 mes

True and false. Different people ask that question for different reasons. Some may just have a genuine interest to know you better, whereas others may be a lot more judgemental and critical.

It just depends on the person. 

• Cathy
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

I rarely ask what people do, but when I have it's just out of curiosity. I don't have any more respect for a doctor than I do a garbage collector. For all I know he's a shitty doctor -  have run into a few in my lie.

• susan
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

There is probably a lot of truth in that statement.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

That is false..............

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Interesting question... I suppose some do that have a complex and need a self-esteem boost, and looking for a reason to treat others like sh*t in turn makes them feel better about themselves, I suppose.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.