Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · hace 1 mes

Anyone else feel uncomfortable buying lose fruits and vegetables during this pandemic ?

I haven’t been eating apples or oranges that are out in the open because you never know who touched it and it they haven’t washed their hands u feel uncomfortable buying stuff like Cilantro and parsley which is out in the open. Unless it’s packed up or in a bag I can’t risk it. I’ve already witnessed a lady sneezing with her hand then putting an apple back so I definitely can’t risk that anybody. My fruit consumption has been significantly lower because of this. I might consider the frozen fruit instead of things don’t get better with people’s hygiene and the pandemic. 

18 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 4 semanas

Do you not wash fresh produce? Most people do.

• David
    Lv 5
    hace 1 mes

Apples and oranges can easily be washed.  Plus they can sit in a fruit bowl for a couple of days before you get around to eating them. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Have you considered canned fruits and vegetables ?

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I was okay with it until I saw some idiots without masks handling the produce I was about to purchase.  Now I am turned off entirely because I don't trust that stuff to be covid free right now.  Until someone tells us otherwise (that corona virus cannot live on fruits and veggies) I am not comfortable purchasing any of it. 

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

NO not really I wash all fruit and or produce before I cook it or use it in any way,anyday.

• hace 1 mes

Not worried at all. I just make sure I wash the fruit and veg according to health specifications and go from there. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I've not been into any shops “social distancing” started, but I've had fruit delivered from shops.

It's always a good idea to wash loose fruit anyway. Personally, I'd have been a lot more concerned about mixing with other people than buying fruit that someone else might have handled.

• hace 1 mes

No, as they’re generally washed before use 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

The virus does not grow on food. Just wear gloves when choosing fresh produce. 

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

DUH--anything that goes into your stomach is digested in ACID and Covid cannot survive and will not harm you..all food is safe.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.