Jan preguntado en Cars & TransportationCar Audio · hace 1 mes

Do BMWs need a special adapter in order to install an aftermarket head unit?

I just bought a Pioneer SPH-C10BT head unit with some sort of adapter with cut cables at the other end. I assume there is an adapter that connects to the existing wiring which then converts it to a universal ISO connector???

Actualización:

The vehicle is a 98 BMW E46 323i.  

Actualización 2:

Also, do I need an Optima battery if I were to install 500W speakers and an amplifier?  I don't want it where the lights will fade each time the bass is turned up

3 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

You did not buy any new stereo.  You are just trolling again.  Fail.

• First, it's time to invest into a new BMW. That 98 BMW is 21 years old. It's time to buy the 2020 BMW M8. With 600+ of horsepower, you'd be smoking out the Police Chargers.

• arther
    Lv 5
    hace 1 mes

can the alternator keep up with the full load on the electrics if not you can hide from it with the Optima battery but you will breakdown somewhere due to a flat battery eventually.

If you can read the wiring diagram or identify what the existing wiring at the radio plug is you can cut and join the new radio into the existing harness if you can find an adaptor loom that suits your car and radio it will be quicker to install but they are usually around $100 Id cut and join to save that $100. Sometimes I use a 1.5 volt battery to identify speaker wires .As your adding an amp you will probably run your own upgraded speaker wiring anyway.

Upgrade the alternator if you can.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.