Sarah preguntado en PetsDogs · hace 1 mes

How can I get my Charge to stop being afraid of dogs?

I'm an Au Pair and my Charge is 3 years old. Whenever we are out walking in the street and a dog walks close by, even if it's tiny, he would alway try to climb up me to get away.

He used to like dogs when he was in his pram. His parents don't have any pets. He is fine with cats. And he has not had any bad experience with dogs.

Any advice on how I can stop him being so scared?

3 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

Ask his parents.

• J M
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Take him someplace he can safely observe dogs. Like the local pet store when they are holding training classes. He will get to see people and dogs interacting.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

This is somewhat normal for children of that age and is part of child cognitive developement, at 3 they have the ability to change and it is never done by confronting their fear or around a dog.

Dog shaped teddies, read story books based around a dog, photos, picture book, colouring books all with dogs in them, making salt dough and shapes of dogs, so it is all introducing dogs into the childs life and talking about them, their eyes, their legs...so educating the child..... it is not a bad thing for a young child to be wary of dogs, it can be more of an issue when a 3yr old runs up and tries to pet/love dogs espeically as some dogs are not child friendly but climbing up you to get away from a dog needs stopping.

There are many websites that can help, like this one

https://www.care.com/c/stories/6105/cynophobia-whe...

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.