Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · hace 1 mes

College students: how long do you study per day?

4 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Nicey8
    Lv 5
    hace 1 mes

Just before exam time, I would study day and night with happy breaks for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Studying was so fun; work life is so political.

• hace 1 mes

About 6 hours most days. 

• Nancy
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

At the beginning of the semester, pretty close to zero. But it's pretty normal for me to study for 24 hours straight before exams, no sleep. The same goes for writing term papers. During midterms and finals, I go into super sleep deprivation mode. I'm an honors student, so I have priority registration, and how I pick my classes is by the final exam schedule for that reason, ensuring that on no day will I have two finals so that I get a full day to study for each final and end up staying up for days on end, the longest stretch I've done being four days.

The rule of thumb is you need to study three hours out of class for every one hour you're in class. If you're taking a full-time course load of 15 hours, you'll spend 15 hours a week in class and 45 hours a week studying outside of class. If I add it all up, including the hours I spend cramming, all those full-day study sessions, I average out to about two hours of study outside of class for every hour I'm in class, but I'm a quick study. 

The reason I'm telling you all this is when you hear it said that you'll need to spend three hours studying outside of class for every hour you spend in class, know that doesn't mean you'll be studying 36 to 45 hours a week week-in and week-out. I mean, you can if you want to, but more likely, like everyone else, you'll end up doing hardly any studying the first part of each semester because that's when all the fun is going on and there are parties and people are hooking up, but then it'll come crunch time and you'll really hit the books hard, which isn't as difficult as you might think because it's crunch time for everyone else too, so they're all buckling down too and all those parties and all that hooking up has dropped to an all-time low and becomes way less of a distraction.  

You'll never have more fun in your whole life than you do the first week of every semester in college. You'll never work harder in your whole life than you do the last week of every semester in college.

• hace 1 mes

I dont that's why I'm failing

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.