Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en PetsCats · hace 1 mes

Kitten questions!?

My kitten is now 10 weeks old and I’ve had them for months and every time I try to pet him he play around and bite me. I’m general when I pet him he’s quick to try to nip, I’m not sure why he does this but is this normal for his age? Also when he wakes up from a nap he will climb on my chest and start to pour and meow and snuggle under my neck so I’m confused by him when it comes to giving him love an affection. Any tips or ideas?

Thank you

3 respuestas

Relevancia
  • J M
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

It is normal. As soon as he bites, quit playing. Play with toys that don’t involve putting your hands near his mouth. He wants to play so as soon as you touch him he thinks it is play attack time. He will grow out of it

• PR
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Sometimes kittens will nibble or "bite" when they are actually being affectionate, such as when they would nurse on their mother. Unless your kitten is hurting you, don't worry about it. If he hurts your fingers, play without using your hands. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Play fighting and hunting are how kittens learn to be adult cats. It is normal. If he bites you hard, you can yell out in a high pitch voice ouch. That will let him know he is playing too rough. kittens and puppies will also protest if their litter mates are playing too rough.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.