Why do black neighbors usually bring down property values?

8 respuestas

Relevancia
  • car253
    Lv 7
    hace 4 semanas

You are totally wrong.  You are either racist or ignorant.   I give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are ignorant.    Black neighbors do not bring down property values.   BAD neighbors bring down property values.   And, I will educate you. 

BAD neighbors come in all races and colors.  And, so does racism. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

That doesn't happen where I have lived, then again, I've never lived in a trailer park 

full of pathetic tRump supporters who "ask" such ridiculous questions anonymously. 

• hace 1 mes

Because racist white people move out en mass and sell their homes, dragging values down.  It isn't the POC moving in, it's the white people who move OUT that bring the values down.

• hace 1 mes

You are making a rather broad assumption, hiding behind anonymous. There are some very pleasant mostly middle-class multicultural or mostly Black neighborhoods in every city and state, including my home state of Missouri, where yards are kept trimmed, home repairs are made regularly, and local businesses thrive.  This would suggest that the system(s) used to determine property values is flawed, to say the least.  Perhaps the very things protested by the mostly peaceful nationwide BLM demonstrations do need to be changed to get rid of any built-in systemic bigotry.  

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

Ah - that'd be racism.

• hace 1 mes

Yes and no. Poorer people live in cheaper houses...... You're confusing cause and effect. When anti discrimination laws came into effect decades ago, there were property value drops when "white flight" happened....

• hace 1 mes

the town I grew up in is now mostly Black, and property values are similar to the town I am in now which is about 2/3rds white, may be 10%  Black.

• y
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Only the 20% of the population or so that we are currently hearing from out in the streets.  The other 80% or so, do not and do not approve of what this 20% have been doing. They want what is best for their kids and community first and foremost. They understand that burning down your own community helps no one.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.