is it true that the uk government is allowing 3 million chinese immigrants here permanently from hong kong?

this is the recent news story ive heard and to be honest i found it staggering and i am still in disbelief and shock as britain is already overflowing with immigrants who are putting a great STRAIN  on our infrastructure and resources, not to mention the NHS..

surely this can't be true can it?  can anyone explain further?

5 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Boris Johnson said the roughly 350,000 Hong Kong residents who hold a British overseas passport, as well as some 2.5 million who are eligible to apply for one, would be granted 12-month renewable visas that would allow them to work in Britain and put them on a path to citizenship..... so they are eligible  and any who apply for and get a visa also pay the NHS surcharge.......... again I say to you " people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" you are an drain on NHS resources, claim 100% benefits, live in a 100% rent free council flat, don't work, don't volunteer and are the result of an immigrant..... the vast majority of HK (British and Chinese) who would come are hard working, highly educated, highly skilled and would contribute to the UK society

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Not going to happen, China won't allow them to leave. You need to read up about the history  of Hong Kong, and it's people. The majority are highly educated and won't be living off the state.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

The UK could certainly do worse than importing millions of highly educated, industrious people, many of whom have STEM skills. But as most nations have learned, there are modern day consequences to a legacy of colonization. As Britain's global colonial footprint was larger than most this is to be expected. Bet most Brits would welcome Hong Kongers more than they've welcomed your largely uneducated immigrant groups from other former colonies. Most Hong King people are highly Capitalist and won't join some of your other cohorts in wanting to live on benefits for life. 

• hace 1 mes

Well -- accepting 3 million hard working ,democratic leaning ,educated people from Hong Kong might help counteract the negative effects of having to carry the 3 million "waste of space" Brits we have .

Just saying 

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Dan
    Lv 5
    hace 1 mes

The news is reporting over 60% brits support this decision and less than 20% oppose it. I guess the rest are indifferent. If you are British, you tell me if that sounds right to you. I'm American. I don't think 60% Americans would welcome 3 million people from HK. I don't know British society so I can't assume they think the way we do over here. 

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.