Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · hace 1 mes

Why do Vegans constantly say "you were never vegan"?

If they diet didn't work for you or if you decided to eat meat again. They seem to tell you "you didn't do it right, you were never vegan" lol why can't you accept the fact that not every agrees with the diet? It seems to be a vegans catchphrase of "you were never vegan" lol it seems the exact same as when a Christian says "you were never saved by Jesus" If you left the church. Why do dogmatic about diet? Why can't you vegans let someone eat meat again without judging or slamming them? Thanks

10 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

Because some people are judgemental af.  People change diets all the time for whatever reason, and just because  you no longer "adhere" to a particular diet or lifestyle does not give others the right to suggest that you were never vegan/ Christian etc to begin with.

I went vegan a few years back, but stopped as was trying to quit smoking and the peppermint I had contained beef geletine. And to me it felt hypocritical to call myself vegan whilst chomping on those sweets. So YES I was vegan for that period of time. 

Also with regards to the Christian person saying if you left the church that means you were never saved, what a crock!  Once saved, you are always saved and nothing can take away Jesus love from you. I stopped going to church for many years, I started going again a few years ago. My attendance may have stopped for years, my belief may have wavered, BUT I WAS AND STILL AM SAVED. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

They dont know whyte about MY LIFE I WAS VEGAN

• hace 1 mes

I am not vegan, but I eat a lot more vegetarian/vegan options, just for variety, because, not gonna lie, some of that food is pretty good but to me, you are vegan if yoiu are following the lifestyle as a vegan would~ no animal products used in your life what so ever. As long as that is how you are living~ you are vegan. If you chose to change your lifestyle, that does not take away from the fact that you were vegan for a while. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Judgementalism is the driver behind Veganism, and would appear to be promoted and maintained just like an extreme religion which has shunning of lapsed members in its box of tricks. If you can't handle that side of it, just do the best you can because it will benefit your health anyway, and help the planet if you eat as much organic veg as you can and as little meat as possible.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

Not all vegans say or otherwise claim that. However vegan or otherwise, you'll find people in every area of life, who will say that the person wasn't this or that, or that for some reason they didn't do things "the right way". In the end it's an opinion, and opinions are like people, there's a whole lot of both.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Don't live your life by what others say.  What we say is designed to uphold our own viewpoints, and often that is more important than reality.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Vegans are like Teenagers. They are Always right. If i actually Did know what i thought I knew as a teenager, i would be the richest man on the planet by now. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

That's just a human characteristic, especially among young people. They're “right” about anything they feel strongly about, even though they might change their minds next week!

So far as I was concerned I was always “right” even about things I obviously knew nothing about. I'm ashamed to say that I think I was in my thirties before I grew out of it.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Because that is what cult people do unfortunately. Look at any cult. If you leave them or that way of living. You will be shunned and isolated from the group. You will lose vegan friends if you eat meat again or if you change ethically mindset. Who cares. You wouldn't want vegan mates anyways. Junkie malnourished looking twatts lol thank god you didn't up in end stage Veganism. Complete loonies!!! They need a padded cell if you ask me. 

• Orla
    Lv 6
    hace 1 mes

You really have alot of vegans in your life who constantly give you crap about what you eat ?  That's terrible.  I've known only a few and they keep their opinions to themselves and never judged.  Some people are weird...

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.