Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Science & MathematicsOther - Science · hace 1 mes

Are you a scientist, and do you keep a calculator in your shirts front pocket, or is this just a stereotype?

7 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes
    Respuesta preferida

That is a 1960s thing. By the 1970s, we were wearing calculators on our belt like a phone.

• hace 1 mes

I am and I don't. Never did. 

• hace 1 mes

all my life a scientist, and never.  As to it being a 60s thing, there were not pocket calculators in the sixties.  They came into use in the early seventies and became pocket-sized with useful functions around the mid-seventies when I went to college.  I don't know that my old TI-50 from 1975 would count as "pocket" calculator.  It was a bit too big for pockets, especially shirt pockets.

• ?
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Everyone keeps a calculator in their pocket these days. Its one of the many functions your phone is capable of. 

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I am a senior electrical engineer.

For the past 10 years, I have been carrying a smartphone, which has a deluxe calculator. I do carry a vintage slide rule that I bring into meetings when I leave my phone on my desk.

I have never met anyone who fits the stereotype after 1970.

• hace 1 mes

Its a very old stereotype.

• hace 1 mes

most of us have a calculator in our pocket, it's called a "smart phone". Where have you been the last years?

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.