E L preguntado en Science & MathematicsPhysics · hace 1 mes

May I please get some help? I'm struggling in physics?

A person sits on a frictionless stool that is free to rotate but is initially at rest. The person is holding a bicycle wheel (I = 3 kg*m2) that is rotating at 8 rev/s in the clockwise direction as viewed from above, and the moment of inertia of a person on the stool holding a stationary wheel (PWS) is 9 kg*m2. 

36. When viewed from above, what is the direction of the angular momentum of the rotating wheel?

37. What is magnitude of the angular velocity of the PWS?

38. What is magnitude of the angular momentum of the PWS?

41. What is direction of the angular momentum of the system?

42. The person flips the rotating wheel over 180 degrees. What is the magnitude of the angular momentum of the rotating wheel?

45. After the person flips the rotating wheel over 180 degrees, what is the direction of the angular momentum of the system? Clockwise, Counterclockwise or neither

46. After the person flips the rotating wheel over 180 degrees, what is the magnitude of the angular velocity (in rev/s) of the PWS about the axis of the stool?

49. The angular momentum of a system only changes with the application of an external non-zero net torque; otherwise, the angular momentum of a system will never change. 

True or False

Sometimes true, sometimes false, depending upon the system.

1 respuesta

Relevancia
¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.