Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · hace 1 mes

Divorce and child support ?

My wife abandoned our marriage took our children and moved in with another man whose she been cheating on me with. I recently got a letter from child support saying I have to pay 1300 when she left me.  Is there anything I can do for abandonment. I’ve been trying to divorce her but have not had no luck with her getting served

9 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Contact a lawyer right away.

• hace 1 mes

Bro, you need to find an attorney to help you out, he can advise and fight for you. Lets be clear, you will always pay child support, it doesn't matter if she cheated or abandoned you, the amount will be based on how much you make. Hang in there man.

• hace 1 mes

It doesn't matter if you are married, separated or divorced. Your responsibility lies with the Children, not your EX. You are always going to be responsible for them no matter what happens. Child support obligations will also not get you visitation, you have to ask the court for that. It does not matter that she abandoned you, your obligation to the kids is for LIFE.

• kristy
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Omg, lol. That’s like paying her to screw the other guy. She’s got it made of you go along with her demands. But you should get a lawyer 

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

The place that served you would have her contact details. Lawyer up and have them contact her directly. OR they can say she is out of reach and file a motion to continue with the divorce without her consent. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I'm confused that child support was ordered without your input.  California uses a calculator.  How did your wife know your financial information to the penny?

Did you ask for residential custody of your children alleging that your wife doesn't make sound life decisions?

Yes, you can sue for divorce on the grounds of abandonment.  And, again, I don't know why you can't get her served.  Don't have the street address?  Notify her with a Court-ordered notice in a Court-recognized newspaper.

I have NEVER not been able to find someone in a divorce.  Never.  Your attorney is clueless?  Find another attorney.

• hace 1 mes

You will have to aid in the support of your children. Despite the circumstances, this other man holds zero responsibility to support you and your wife's children. I think you CAN sue her for abandonment but I'm curious as to what your goal outcome would be? You can divorce her regardless of whether she wants a divorce or not. But I do think you should retain a lawyer. Do you want custody of the kids? It's not illegal for a woman to desert her husband though she does have a legal responsibility towards her children. As do you. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I assume you have an attorney if they're trying to get her served?  If so, what does the atty say?  If you don't have one, why not?  If she's slutty enough to move your kids in with a strange man, you should have gotten legal advice that same day.  This is a horrible thing to do to kids. 

On the child support, are you absolutely sure this was from a valid state agency?  I've never heard of someone getting notified with no prior notice, and esp since you're still married.  In fact, custody is tied to visitation.  How can they compute the amount when they don't know how often you have the kids?

• hace 1 mes

In British law abandonment was a specific class of divorce.  It took 5 years of abandonment for a divorce.  Your children still need to be supported but if she can contact child support then they can contact her.  Why not just put the cheque INSIDE the papers. Then deliver them both.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.