Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Family & RelationshipsFamily · hace 1 mes

Have you ever known anyone to disinherit and leave an abusive child out of their will  ?

12 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

My grandmother did that to my mother, but my mother was certainly not abusive.

• hace 1 mes

Yes. A friend has a particularly nasty son, whom she hasn't seen for three years. She has changed her will and removed him from it.

My ex had a daughter who didn't want anything to do with him (mainly because of what the mother had said about him). She used to call him names and accuse him of all sorts. She was eventually removed from his will.

So, yes, it does happen.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

I had a cousin who was left out of a family trust because of his hateful wife.  She made his life absolutely miserable, and nobody in his family could stand to be around her because of the way she belittled everyone and was extremely sarcastic to family members.  We literally had a rich uncle who had no children of his own, so he was going to leave a 1/2 $million trust fund for his nieces and nephews.  One of his sisters (my aunt)  hated this cousin's wife (her niece by marriage) so much, that she talked the uncle into writing the cousin out of the trust.  The total amount was $560K.  There were to be seven of us who received $80K each.  The uncle rewrote the trust so that this cousin's part went instead to a charity.  The cousin was sad and disappointed, because he was a hard worker and could have really used the money.  The hateful wife was so angry that he had been left out, that she never again spoke to the aunt who had made the suggestion and tried to hire an attorney to force the rest of us to give up part of our inheritance so her husband would get the amount he would have received.  The attorney told her it was perfectly legitimate for the uncle to do whatever he wanted to with his own money.  She just went on to hate all of us for the rest of her miserable life.  To this day (20 years later), their children won't have anything to do with any of us who received money from the uncle.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

no, but i wouldnt blame them for doing that

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

LMFAO!! You bet your life I do. In fact - I plan to spend all my money so my money grabbing ingrate children can whistle dixie about fighting in the courts for even a cent!!

• hace 1 mes

And my mother and I was never abusive but she didn’t want her children and her grandchildren to have anything because she just didn’t really like ***. And they are abusive I wouldn’t leave him anything either so it happens.

• Leto
    Lv 5
    hace 1 mes

They didn't leave them out of their will but had a really ingenious way to encourage them to improve their lives and get over their addictions. 

• hace 1 mes

I would never do that. But then again we would not allow that kind of relationship to exist in our lives. Minimal contact with that person until a healthy resolution could be reached. 

Like Mike K said it can poison the dynamic of the family. We do have one child who is disabled and plan on leaving the most money, but the other will get the majority of material possessions. 

• hace 1 mes

No, but my grandfather's bio father was going to leave most of his wealth to my grandfather and his brother and to all of his estranged relatives he was going to leave only $1 each. (Someone stole the will so the money was evenly divided among many and not my grandfather and his brother since they were "illegitimate.")

• hace 1 mes

Years ago my grandfather left one of my uncles out of his will and left his estate to his two other Children. Our family was never the same after that. He was very angry when he wrote his will, he  was also old and ill. I felt bad for my uncle.  He was not a perfect man, but he had to have had some form of mental illness that led to his behavior and he never got the help he needed for it. 

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.