Herschel preguntado en Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · hace 1 mes

if consciousness is just the process of many biological chemicals reacting...?

is anything really real? is life worth stressing over? does anything mater?

20 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

Considering just your first Question, Is consciousness just the process of many chemicals reaction? 

I think that we should agree that "It can't be" - and those Chemists and or

biological chemists in particular who could do connect such consciousness

with chemical reactions would so in a very naive way.. don't you think?

Fuente(s): a little less consciously naive source concerning unique chemical reactions et al.
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I’m wondering if you’ve  been brainwashed by the criminal enterprise known as psychiatry just as I once was to believe that all our problems can be solved by taking a chemical lobotomizing agent in a capsule to restore you biochemical “imbalance”. That little piece of brainwashing destroyed my life. There will always be people to convince you that your life is hopeless, so you might as well just give up and take the pharmaceuticals that will “save” you. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If you had grown up in a more supportive family and had more supportive nurturing people around you you wouldn’t be asking this question. You would be more satisfied with life. I am in the same boat. People who don’t have a pot to piss in but a strong supportive family to see them through hard times and protect them from predators with prescription pads are the luckiest people of all. And they never question whether their lives are worth living. They’re too busy basking in the happiness that comes from being loved and valued. 

• hace 1 mes

It's the RESULT of biological things happening, but it is something more than that - just as music is the result of plucking violin strings, but it is something different and more than that.

• hace 1 mes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experience

Experience is the best answer to your question. By adjusting your attitude you can enjoy your experience.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • no, life isn't worth stressing over.  Of course things matter...what difference does it make what mechanisms provides life?  Life matters, regardless the origins.

• P
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

What you yourself experience is your subjective reality. Knowledge is real. I don't need to understand what is pulling the train which takes me from A to B, how it works, or how to drive it. I just need to know to get on at A and off at B. 

Truth justified knowledge is real whereas what you experience isn't the same as for others. You can still get from A to B

Stress isn't productive although it isn't always avoidable. Recognise it's driven by fear and identify what that fear is. You then have two choices, fight or run. Do neither and the stress continues

Does anything matter? That's up to you, but if your answer is no you're in for a very empty life

• Raja
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Scientists are still sailing the same boat. A consciousness is a spirit. Scientists say only what is happening in a body while spirits do their job. Spirits are separate elements. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. These spirits are your consciousnesses and memories. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. A mind is you. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings.  A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A body's functionality is based on the auto mechanism.  After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives in any form after death. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

• hace 1 mes

What do you mean? What's "really real"? How does something that's really real differ from something that's kinda real?

In my opinion, everything that exists is real. Does your mind exist? Do your opinions exist? If they do, then everything that anyone cares about matters. 

In another sense of the word, everything that has an influence, or effect, on anything, matters.

• Ah the ultimate question which makes one realize there more to existence than physical existence

• j153e
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Herschel, several basic philosophical positions:

God, Life, is real, and real in you; this position (or realization) was maintained by Plato, Plotinus, Descartes, and more recent thinkers such as Rosenzweig, Whitehead, Husserl.  Similar to e.g. Elijah, Jesus, and the Prophet Mohammad (owbp):  God Is, and there are effective ways to put off the existential or worldly nature, and realize God.  Cf "Return to the One:  Plotinus's Guide to God-Realization," Hines.

A second position:  God Is, but human sense-data can't reach Noumenon; this was Kant's position, and in part he self-references when he said inquiry into e.g. Husserlian God-science is not likely for most atomists (materialists) who devote their energy and focus to matter.  Saint Paul would agree with this analysis of the "Unknown God" position of Greek/German rationalism.

A third position:  God, and my eternal Life and meaning, may indeed Be, but one or several reasons I haven't encountered "evidence" of Deity--the honest agnostic position.

A fourth position:  I don't know if God Is, but I do not accept various theological claims (relates to third, but per its additional outright rejection of e.g. a Saint Teresa of Avila's "Interior Castle" program of purifying and realizing, is called (honest) atheism.

A fifth position:  I claim "God is not;" this is illogical, as proving such an absolute negative is not possible, given e.g. God of Noah and Abraham, Brahman, etc.  This is somewhat parallel with "faith based" or "traditional" religious worship, in that this type of dogmatic atheism asserts a faith that God is not, while a religious person may be working toward realization, based on faith in e.g. the Prophets, etc.

Would suggest that God Is, and that you may develop your inner Child or soul by kindness, love, and so on.

Generally, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_o... is a good rule of "thumb" as to one's positioning in one or more areas of being.

Related:

The Path of the Higher Self;

Man's Search for Meaning;

The Great Divorce;

Answers by Mother Meera; https://www.mothermeera.com

Autobiography of a Yogi;

Beams from Meher Baba;

Youth:  Creators of the Future.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.