Do you like '80s cult classics Labyrinth and The Neverending Story?

Actualización:

They only got mixed reviews at the time, but that is just because they weren't as critically acclaimed as Hamlet or as commercial as Harry Potter.

I don't really think one is better tha the other, it's like apples and oranges. While Labyrinth is too trippy and humourless, Neverending Story is too serious and foreign. I think both of them are really good though.

Actualización 2:

I'll always remember Jennifer Connolly as the lead from Labyrinth. I'll always remember The Neverending Story as an amazing, goldlike masterpiece. The sequels I'll pass on, though.

8 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Webbo
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

I love Labyrinth, great movie, never been keen on The Never-ending story though but like the song.

• hace 1 mes

Couldn’t get myself into those movies, although I love the song “The Neverending Story” by Limahl.

• hace 1 mes

I think both films are great and I still have the dvds. 

• Never really liked Neverending Story but did like Labyrinth at the time but saw it recently and found it horribly dated and creepy for all the wrong reasons.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

I think they were both okay.  'Cult classics'?  Are they considered cult classics?  The internet seems to agree with you on Labyrinth at least.  I think Neverending Story was successful enough that it's hard to call it a cult classic.

I don't think either movie was outstanding though.  Labyrinth was a fun little show, and it's actually come up recently for me.  My sister oddly asked if I remembered the solution to the two doors, one that lies, one that tells the truth.  But honestly, it wasn't great by any stretch.

NS was better, but a lot of that was just better effects and it being more imaginative.

• Jamie
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Not now so much . Labryinth came on T.V recently and I was excited but turned out I could not sit through it , same with The Goonies , unwatchable today as far as I am concerned . Shame .

• Robin
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

i have Labyrinth laserdisk for sale if you want it

• hace 1 mes

Labyrinth is fantastic I have it on Blu Ray and I’ve watched it multiple times. I still haven’t seen Neverending story but I should, they just made a prequel on Netflix and they’re currently making comics too. 

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.