Jake
Lv 7
Jake preguntado en Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · hace 2 meses

Is a 2020 Camaro an endless money pit?

I have a neighbor who recently purchased a 2020 Camaro V8 and financed it for 7 years.

I remember Scott Kilmer was saying anything American or German is an endless money pit and that he should have bought a Lexus.

17 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes
    Respuesta preferida

Not until the manufacturer's warranty runs out. That's 3 years 36,000 miles basic and 5 years 60,000 miles on the powertrain.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

sure isn't for Chevy ..................................

• bo
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

if he doesn't beat the crap out of it and keeps up on maintenance he'll be fine if not he'll have a big chunk of metal sitting in his driveway while he's still paying that loan off

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Yet he would buy a FORD(found on road dead)

Chevy owners are proud of their purchase.  For a couple of years from new there will be no problem.  30 years from now(though the 1970's were not too bad, neither was the Pontiac Firebird or the Trans AM (all were basically the same car with a different name badge. Muscle cars get USED HARD. So didn't hold up...as they were "always raced".  But for the Chevy owner, it was normal cost of repairs.

Scotty has been wrong on a few of them. It depends on how you treat it. Any car can blow up including the CYBERTRUCK because we know how to punish it.

Mechanic 45+ years

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 mes

The Camaro has had a pretty ugly service history over many years. Lookit: https://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Camaro/

• Orla
    Lv 6
    hace 1 mes

Impressively sharp and nimble handling around turns

Potent acceleration from V6 and V8 engines

Relatively smooth ride, especially with the adaptive suspension

Solid value, thanks to a long list of standard equipment

Difficult to see out of

Tiny back seat is essentially useless

Limited trunk space with small opening

Some controls are awkward to use

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Scotty Kilmer is a drunken hack. In my opinion.

• F
    Lv 6
    hace 1 mes

Cars are so reliable now and warranties are longer, so you are very unlucky to get a real dog. Even then, it will be far better than even star performers from the 60s and 70s.

National generalisations are also pretty pointless these days. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, VW, BMW and Mercedes all make cars in USA and all the US car companies produce cars in Canada, Mexico, Germany, Italy and China.

In any case, the Camaro will be great to drive. Life’s too short to drive a boring Corolla.

• hace 1 mes

opinions are like belly buttons......everybody has one

• hace 1 mes

He has a few years before problems will start to appear but I would not call it an endless money pit even though I am a Mustang fan and own one.  Money pits are expensive German cars when they get old.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.