This hotel employee was fired for calling cops on black guest --- do you agree with the firing?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hampton-inn-employee-fir...

the initial problem was; her kids, (minors), were in the pool unaccompanied, while she was in her car a short distance away. ---- that could be dangerous.

so the hotel employee confronts the family,

the guest shows her the key --- but that's not enough, she asks for her room number and name, she refuses to give that info and that leads to the employee calling the cops.

the black guest perceives this as racism because the white guests were not confronted.

(even though the white guests didn't have unaccompanied minors in the pool).

Now I don't think this employee should've been fired ---- she acted reasonably here.  Don't you think so?

Actualización:

a customer has no right to ask you for your room number.  but a legit employee who legit works there?  Yeah you should cooperate when they ask for information.

13 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes
    Respuesta preferida

Don't know how the interaction really went, so not sure. But this crap is what managers are for. Get a manager in there to enforce the pool rules. If she doesn't want to comply then they can either leave the pool or the hotel. The police sound like a bit much though if the situation wasn't hostile or anything.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Next time he will think

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I absolutely disagree with her firing.  Shame on hampton inn. 

I have had hotels ask me the name and room number many times.  That is pretty standard.  I've never refused to comply and accused them of doing anything wrong.  

I'm also quite annoyed with these videos where "karens" are being ridiculed for getting upset when people feel entitled to violate laws or rules.  You don't get to tailgate through secured entrances, gates, etc.  You don't get to use the HOA pool if you aren't a member, and don't get all bent out of shape if someone doesn't recognize you because you're new to the neighborhood.  Karen is usually right.   

• D50
    Lv 6
    hace 1 mes

If she were NOT hassling them for being black in the pool she would have done things differently. Like, go to the kids and tell them they're too young to be in the pool without a parent - please get out and come back with mom. 

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

i think they did the right thing

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

"She was in her car a short distance away. ---- that could be dangerous."

.because the white people there might let her black kids drown ?

possibly.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

No she just didn't like black people. Report the Anaon gibberish poster, it is one of Ros sock accounts.

• hace 1 mes

1. Was the woman close enough to see the kids? Yes.

2. Would the employee have done the same thing if the family was white? Doubtful.

From your link: ' The department also said in releasing the police report Tuesday that the case's status was categorized as "unfounded."' In other words, the guest did nothing wrong.

• Yes. You don’t call the police on someone on the basis of race. You call the police on the basis of whether they are breaking a law.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

For the hotel it’s a matter of economics. Blacks use hotels as much as white Americans. The end.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.