Homer preguntado en Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · hace 1 mes

can you use the same gas mixture for a weed eater in a chain saw?

14 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

It is about your weed eater and your chain saw. In the Internet oder in the instructions you will find the answer. 

• hace 1 mes

depends so what you do is read the owners instructions for both to find out what the mix ratio is 

• F
    Lv 6
    hace 1 mes

It’s easier to have one can for all 2 strokes . Some say 40:1 others 50. Not sure if it’s crucial, both at 45 will be ok.

• hace 1 mes

If they are both two-strokes and use the same fuel/oil ratio then yes you can.  You need to check that first, though.  As it happens all my two-stroke equipment now uses the same fuel/oil ratio.  They didn't use to, as I too had a very old chainsaw which required a different mixture.  The new one happens to require the same as everything else and it's handier to have just the one supply of fuel mix.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

"IF" they both are 2 stroke motors. Mixtures are written on each machine. So if one says 30:1 and the other says 50:1 then that is 2 different mixes.  Companies and years of machines are different. Best you follow THEIR directions or you burn out your machine.

mechanic

• hace 1 mes

Maybe, maybe not.  depends on the models.

• hace 1 mes

Depends upon which brand and model of each. For instance, my Husqvarna XP357 chainsaw uses 50:1 and my PoulanPro 325 weed eater uses 40:1.  They do make engineered mixes that will work for either.

• hace 1 mes

Depends on the model(s).  My Stihl weedwacker is 50:1, but my older McCulloch chainsaw is 24:1.  

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

are they both 2 cycle ????

• hace 1 mes

I do, with no problems.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.