? preguntado en PetsDogs · hace 2 meses

Chewing baseboard in my home?

14 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

Black pepper will keep a dog away from there.

• hace 2 meses

Invest in bitter apple and buy plenty of chew toys.

• hace 2 meses

You need to watch the dog and when it seems that the dog is even thinking, looking at or just starting to chew you give a loud ahhh, no, no and redirect the dog to a chew toy, some exercise also. Catching it before it happens, redirecting, praise all should work. The wood, paint and other things can make a dog sick, work on this. 

• hace 2 meses

You are? I'd see if maybe your doctor can assist you. If you have the urge to chew the baseboards, you might have a nutritional deficiency he can help you with. 

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

Kennel or crate the dog or use baby gates to confine you dog when not supervising.

• hace 2 meses

So quit chewing on the baseboard.  If you aren't chewing on the baseboard what is?  Rats are good at that. Dogs often find things to chew on they are not supplied with things to chew on.  Dogs got to chew,  get some raw bones from the butcher for the dog to chew on.  Get chew toys, get interactive games/puzzles, exercise this dog more.  Sounds like he is board out of his mind to resort to chewing what & where he can.  You need to know more about dogs to understand them.  They have their own behavior & body language.  Too many people give dogs human attributes & that is not giving the dog the right treatment.  It is a dog, not a child.  Try to learn more about dogs so you can understand what they are doing.  They are really amazing creatures.

• hace 2 meses

Well stop, chew gum instead.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

This is not a question but a statement..so if you have a question ask it

• hace 2 meses

Seems you’re describing a puppy, who needs chew toys and exercise during the teething phase 

• hace 2 meses

Buy the dog some toys, maybe then it'll stop chewing on the baseboard.

(At least, that's what I assume you're asking, since it's in this section)

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.