Goerge
Lv 7
Goerge preguntado en PetsReptiles · hace 3 meses

Do you have rattlesnakes where you live?

Are they aggressive?

I have been within 1 foot of 3 rattlers and stepped on a baby(about 8 inches long) and have never gotten bit by one, yet. And not one of them rattled at me either. 

9 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    hace 3 meses
    Respuesta preferida

Yes.  We live in Texas.  They can be aggressive.  You are very lucky you haven't been bit yet.

• Anónimo
    hace 3 meses

yep, but I've never seen one .............................

• hace 3 meses

Carolina Coast......yes we have them, along with Cotton mouths.

We also have other juicy critters......gators!

Here, you don't swim in unfamiliar waters, like creeks, ponds, etc. We have in the news every year about people and/or their dogs being dragged under, never to be seen again.

• hace 3 meses

Yes; they are quite widespread. If they neither rattled nor bit, either you were lucky or you identified a non-venomous snake as a rattler. It's done all the time. When I was a grad student at Tulane, we got calls to pick up venomous snakes after every flood. The callers never said that the snakes were non-venomous. Water snakes were cottonmouths; coral snakes were one of the mimics, and the one call for a rattler that I went out on was a DeKay's snake.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 3 meses

None around me but I have kept a few species 

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    hace 3 meses

We have timber rattlesnakes, but they’re off the beaten path. You won’t encounter them very often.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    hace 3 meses

This is East Texas, yes, we have rattlesnakes,, and copperheads, and water moccasins, and coral snakes. Every time I've come across one they're usually more interested in getting away than being aggressive, as long as you leave them alone they'll usually leave you alone.

• Anónimo
    hace 3 meses

They only rattle if they see you and when they feel threatened. You are lucky you stepped on one and not gotten bitten. Be careful where you put your hands and feet if you have rattlers where you live. I only see rattlers when I go herping or road cruising for snakes in rural areas. I live in the city. Even when I go hiking in regional parks miles away, I have only seen one baby at the edge of a trail, lying under a piece of old lumber that I turned. Never saw one on the trail. 

• hace 3 meses

Yes, Florida is home to three different species of rattlesnake: the pigmy rattlesnake, the eastern diamondback and the timber rattlesnake. All three are venomous. And I see them all the time. Especially when I patrol the Everglades.

Note-I carry snake-bite anti venom in my patrol truck refrigerator for my K9 partner.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.