I’m a girl, and I’m wondering how other girls/women have been able to be comfortable without wearing a bra in public?

I’ve been seeing all these beautiful women and girls wearing no bra in pictures and in public and it looks liberating. I want to go out without wearing a bra but I for one feel like my bigger sized boobs don’t look good in clothes without one but also it feels very uncomfortable to go without one because I feel kind of exposed. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get over that or how they’ve been able to?

14 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes
    Respuesta preferida

This is a really neat question? Is it a troll though?  You are some 13 yr old asian kid masturbating to this, right? That aside....

This is NSFW but its legal to be topless in many places for women. While most people do not know it NYC is one of them:

https://bushwickdaily.com/bushwick/categories/arts...

There is this thing called #Freethenipple:

https://www.allure.com/gallery/celebrities-free-th...

https://www.instagram.com/freethenipple/

Women get hot, sweaty, like to cool down or off.  But they are legally not allowed to.  Why do you feel uncomfortable doing it?  We've been conditioned since birth it is sinful, awful or wrong to see boobs.  Boobs are cute, thats some dumb sh*t.  But its a deep rooted part of religious history in US/UK other places.

While it is not popular. There is lots of great information on the risks/dangers of a bra.  First what is it?  It is a piece of clothing men designed to put womens breasts in unnatural positions because they liked the look.  Breasts have complex duct networks and many other things.  Compressing them for 12 + hours a day, if common sense doesnt tell you that might be bad

https://www.breastenlargementresource.com/benefits...

https://www.lifehack.org/336735/science-proves-tha...

There is lots of debate about this on the internet #Brasless.  There is lots of great scientific evidence which proves the risk.  Generally gravity has pulled down on the human body since the first human was around.  Eventually our bodies evolve to withstand this pull.  If I hold a hammer and nail things for 10 hours a day eventually I get callouses right.  Well smashing your t*ts in unnatural positions for 10 hours a day.  Skin is elastic.  But forcing them into a cage, when you let them out there is no time to adapt to gravity.  The single most important study of its kind 10 + yrs proves bras make breasts sag:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259073#1

Sure fashion industries make trillions a year on clothing and want to keep selling bras and donate hundreds of millions to politicians.  So, a lot of information is burried or hidden.  People are lied to.

How do you get used to it?  Who knows walk around naked at home. Who cares what others think or say - its your body/boobs. Find people who wont hate or judge.  Understand the actual history of bras, womens bodies and mens posture to control them.

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

“I’m a girl...” Not buying it.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

An ex girlfriend of mine rarely wore one in public but 36 c. I'm assuming yours are bigger.

• hace 1 mes

Honestly i think you should just do it. the only way you will feel more comfortable is by doing it, and if it doesn't hurt to not wear a bra, then there shouldn't be a problem.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Ya-Hoo
    Lv 4
    hace 1 mes

I don't get why women do it. You can see their nipples and everything. Some even wear white shirts so it's like they're topless. I wonder why some women even put clothes on.

• hace 1 mes

I got over it and got comfortable braless once I realised there is no reason anyone "needs" to wear one. It is completely optional. If you prefer wearing one, go ahead. But I don't feel exposed or anything because I have a body like everyone else does and there is no reason to feel ashamed of having a body, nobody can help it, and if other people don't like knowing that some women opt not to wear bras, it's their problem to deal with, not mine. 

I find North Americans in particular to be weirdly afraid of women's bodies. They're terrified of nudity and terrified of women's bodies even when they're clothed. They can't get over it, but I can. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Do what you're comfortable with.  B cup and smaller bras are decorative or for modesty but they're not necessary for support.  For bigger sizes support might be more comfortable, especially for the back.  If you need the support to feel comfortable then maybe what you need to shop for is a more comfortable style.

The next bit depends on where you live.  In my lifetime the US has become more puritanical, not less.  I was really surprized at how vicious the debate on Corporette (a site devoted to professional women's fashion) was on whether managers should get involved with even the suggestion of outlines of nipples.  Before the T-shirt bra was invented (that's the foam cupped bra) it was pretty much accepted that sometimes the outlines of nipples would be visible even through a bra and blouse and sometimes a cardican over that and the polite thing to do would be not to notice.  

I stopped wearing bras in my mid-20s when that was still borderline acceptable.  I'll admit that I don't need the support unless I'm playing tennis in which case I happen to find a sports bra more comfortable but I still don't "need" one, so I can only answer from that perspective.  I wouldn't go back to wearing one, but I'm also secure in my employment.  There's no one who can write me up for it or withold promotion for not being "professional" enough.  If I were younger I would have to factor that in which is really odd considering that we like to pretend that we're living in a more progressive era.  I don't remember feeling exposed when I stopped, it was more like a determination not to be "apologetic" for having a female body.  It was very much tied to becoming comfortable in my own skin and just not giving an expicative what other people felt about that.  I stopped wearing foundation and concealer around the same time too.

If you don't want to wear one then don't, but think about choosing the occasion to test the waters.  An allday event is not really the place to start building up your confidence.  If you think you don't look okay without a bra maybe you need to think about a different style of neckline for your braless days.  Maybe something wider at the shoulders but less deep.  Tops with a drape to them or a gathered neckline are your allies and so are tops with a pattern compared to ones that are just one color.  Whatever you decide good luck in finding the place where you're comfortable at.  

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I don't always wear a bra, sometimes I just can't be bothered with the hassle of it. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Try going without a bra at home.  Like anything else, the first few times will seem odd and then it will become easiers.

<  The kind of attention drawn by bounce and jiggle is a kind of attention I don't want.  >

If you have larger breasts, that is going to definitely happen.

• hace 1 mes

Well, the guys will love it and you will get more attention, so their is that. But why not try when you are at home, or when you have quick errands to run, and then see how you feel about it. Maybe you just need to get use to to It?

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.