Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · hace 1 mes

Which non-hybrid car has the highest MPG ?

8 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Neil
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

The Volkswagen Lupo 3L, and its powertrain twins, the Seat Arosa 3L and Audi A2 3L.

They were built about 1999, used a 1.2-litre direct-injection turbo-diesel engine with an automated manual transmission, and could achieve fuel consumption of 2.99l/100km (just under 3 litres, hence the "3L" in the name) which converts to 94.4mpg imperial, or 78.67mpg US.

I'm not sure if the Arosa 3L ever made series production, or if it was just a marketing exercise.

• F
    Lv 6
    hace 1 mes

Diesels are best.

Peugeot 208 1.5HDi  71mpgSame engine in the Vauxhall Corsa and Citroen C3 almost as good .VWs 2.0Tdi in the Golf, Seat Leon and Audi A3, is very close behind and much better to drive.

No petrol engine can beat 60mpg, 59 being the best albeit in the small Peugeot 108 with a 1.0 l engine

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

Probably ford focus is my guess, I would have to search and look it up, but at least its a regular car with good gas mileage and not the high replacement costs of a hybrid if something goes bad.

• hace 1 mes

that depends where in the world you live ..the american gallon is 20%smaller than european gallon ..the american has so much anti smog equipment that it makes their cars less fuel efficient as well as so slow ..our cars are lighter ..engines smaller .yet much faster and more fuel efficient ..lots of cars here get over 50 mpg`s ..in the old days an engine was classed as a performance engine if it could make 100bhp per litre ..now just about all engines do many get 200 bhp per litre ..not a single american engine is that good ...driven hard our 5 series bmw diesels get over 50 mpg

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anton
    Lv 6
    hace 1 mes

The 1983 Volkswagen Rabbit diesel was EPA rated at 50 mpg, actually got a lot better in real world.

• hace 1 mes

1995 honda civic vx is up there. 44 city 51 highway. Actual people have reported as high as 55 mpg.

• hace 1 mes

Gas. My guess would be the smart car. It’s so tiny and weighs very little so it should get a lot of miles per gallon. Weight is the nemesis of fuel efficiency. The heavier the car, the lower the mileage per gallon. 

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.