Runor preguntado en HealthDiet & Fitness · hace 2 meses

I am 290 pounds. I have struggled with weight loss my whole life. I got bullied seven years straight. wweight. What should I do?

23 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

sit on the bullies

• hace 1 mes

I lost 100 kilos. Just with exercise. An exercise (stationary) bike is best to start with, because it supports your weight making exercise 'easier'. I rode the bike for FIVE minutes EVERYDAY. Trust me, that will be the longest 5 minutes of your life - but PERSEVERE! As I got used to it, I extended the time. I NEVER 'dieted'. After a few months, I noticed my clothes were getting bigger. That was when I did SHORT walks every 2/3rd day as well as the bike (still EVERYDAY). And so increased that as I got used to it. And you DO get used to it! The 'trick' is to listen to music while you're doing it. Not only does a fast beat have you (subconsciously) speed up - it takes your mind off what you're doing. (Reach by Gloria Estefan is highly recommended and I loved Whitney Housten's Ste4p by Step. The tempo is good, but the lyrics are motivational) Many people lose heart because it 'takes so long'. But when you realise you're updating your wardrobe every few months, the time really does fly by. A word of warning - you will get even uglier bullying after you lose the qeight, because there are people out there who are sick and twisted enough to hate anyone who makes a success of anything. But! You'll have lost your weight and won't give a sh*t!!!!  BTW - If you're considering the bike for exercise, I recommend the RECUMBENT (google). Not only is it lower, so easier to get on - but it has a 'seat' as apart from a saddle like regular bikes - so is more comfortable. You'll want to come up with all sorts of excuses - don't let discomfit be one of them!

• hace 1 mes

You should visit a doctor first, then a nutritionist. Find out the REAL information about dieting and weight loss. Stop listening to people who don't know what actually helps or actually hurts. Diet is not a "temporary" solution to losing weight. Life-style changes are. I could detail a few tips--but you need to start with professionals who actually know what they are talking about. And then you need to follow their advice. 

The biggest problem with the diet most people eat is not that it's 100% any one thing--it encompasses a lot of factors. Portion sizes, food types, physical issues aside from being overweight--all of these things can affect weight and weight loss. That's why you need to be assessed. 

I would suggest that before you go see the doc, start keeping a food log. Make a spreadsheet. Write down EVERY single thing you eat. Don't cheat. Just write it down. Take that information with you to your doctor so he or she can see exactly what you really have a problem with. You will also start to see patterns in your food intake. That alone may be enough to jump-start you on changing your habits and patterns. Good luck. 

• keerok
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

How determined are you at this point? Forget exercise. You only need to go on a diet. From now on, eat only once a day and drink only water. It's all in the mind. Don't let your tummy win over you.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

If you get bullied for weight - there is always one good answer for the person attacking you.  

Tell them this:I could always drop weight - you can't fix stupid.  

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

how about you see a dietician and stop trolling this

• John
    Lv 4
    hace 1 mes

you have to evaluate your problem and itight help to have a doctor evaluate it too.

comes down to...if you want to change your body from how it naturally is now you need a starting point as to where it ought to be.

doctors can help with that.

• hace 1 mes

You should do whatever you want, it is your life

• hace 2 meses

ever consired diet and exercise.

• hace 2 meses

Ketogenic diet if you're concerned about losing weight. Dr. Josh Axe wrote a great book on the subject which you might want to check out.  I bought it on Audible.com.  

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.