I buy the car fron the dealer and the car is in good condition, but i want to cancel it after 2 days bcoz maybe i cant aford the 2,800 down?

17 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

You've already paid the down payment and have consummated the deal. You might have heard there is a federal cooling-off rule for some purchases. There is such a rule, but it is primarily meant to protect consumers from high-pressure door-to-door sales tactics. It explicitly doesn't apply to automobiles. If you signed the sales contract, you own the car.

• hace 2 meses

99% of contracts have a 3-day period where you can cancel the contract. That includes car loans. Why didn't you determine if you could afford the down payment before you signed the deal?  

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

Drive it back and TALK TO THEM.  Of course they are going to continue to try to sell you the car(that is their job) maybe by reducing the rates or you can bang their daughter for  free? I don't know-I am just that evil voice in your head.

What happens, happens. They are not happy with you, that is for sure.  So don't walk on a dark street ALONE.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

Ok, drive it back. Leave the keys. Did you give them $2800? You say that you can't afford it, so you probably didn't. By law, you get a "cooling off" period. Hope you didn't exceed it.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 2 meses

I just dont know

• hace 2 meses

I'm gad there are people like you to drive a salesman out of their fricking mind!

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

You almost certainly have no ability to do so if you signed the contract at the dealership.  Why now do you suddenly realize you don't have the necessary money?

If you are thinking of a cooling off period, those apply to contracts signed IN YOUR HOME OR AWAY FROM THE COMPANY'S NORMAL PLACE OF BUSINESS.  You have a car, congratulations.

• hace 2 meses

If you've already made the purchase and signed contracts, you don't have 2 days, or any days to cancel. If you can't afford the car, you should have figured that out before the purchase.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

We don't have a copy of your contract so can't determine if you have any way to cancel it at this point.  If you don't - and the dealer holds you to it - all you can do is follow-through then sell the car (probably at a great loss) or default, ruining your credit for 10 years.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

Read your contract

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.