Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · hace 1 mes

Can a girl use men’s deodorant?

I take a shower everyday and shave. I don’t sweat that much, but even if I don’t my armpits still smell. I wear deodorant, but they only smell less. The smell is never completely gone. I’ve had to throw away shirts due to the armpit smell that lingers on them and won’t wash out completely. And I’ve tried many brands of deodorant. Can I try a men’s deodorant?

19 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 mes
    Respuesta preferida

Before you try a man's deodorant try a women's ANTIPERSPIRANT. A deodorant simply covers up the smell, an antiperspirant stops sweat from happening so you don't get any smell. Check the label before you buy and look for the word antiperspirant. It will make a difference.

A few more tips: Sweat smells because of bacteria on your skin, specifically the bacteria that clings to the base of armpit hair. Shaving away the hair will reduce odor by as much as 75%. Frequent cleaning also helps, it removes any build up of sweat, dead skin cells and dirt that can also contribute to odor. Every morning give the pits a quick wash and a shave, dry, and apply an antiperspirant. Another cause of intense odor can be from food. Cut back on garlic, cabbages, cruciferous vegetables, strong spices and onions and see if it helps. The sulphur in strong spices can get into your sweat and make it smell very strong.

If all else fails it could be medically related. A few health problems can give a person strong smelling sweat.  You could also have hyperhidrosis and there are prescription strength antiperspirants designed for that problem. There are other treatments a doctor can reccomend. If the smell is from diabetes or hormone imbalances than all the antiperspirant in the world can't help.

• hace 1 mes

Yes why not, i dont think there will be any issue.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

Sure. I use Mitchum men's deodorant, because I've always found it very effective.

You need to make sure you're using a product that is both a deodorant and an anti-perspirant.  If you are sweating, there will be SOME odor, so you want to prevent sweat.  You could also try a really strong product like Certain-Dri, which is meant to be used at night. (Don't use it just before you put on clothes; it can damage fabric.) You can then use a deodorant in the mornings.

It may be, though, that you are overly sensitive to the odor and that no one else can actually smell it. Try asking some friends or a family member whether they do.

• hace 1 mes

I don't understand why you're messing around with deodorants when an anti-perspirant will do the job so much better.  Find an unscented one, and read the really excellent useful answer from @ Anonymous that says much the same as me but in much more detail.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

who even says they can't

• hace 1 mes

When I was in high school I went through probably 10 deodorants with the same issue. Finally I tried Old Spice Fiji (very clean crisp smell, not manly) and it works amazing. No more sweating or being self conscious. I have been using it for nearly 10 years and strongly recommend it

Attachment image
    Fuente(s): Experience
  • hace 1 mes

Yes, you can try it--sometimes it works better. But you may want to try changing your soap or body wash first. That can have an effect on body odor too. Or try one of those deodorant "stones" the sell in health food stores. 

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

I have many times brought mens deodorant as it is stronger. I like the stick ones as I think they  block the pores a bit

• hace 1 mes

Why not? Use limited men's deodorant to avoid bad smell. 

• hace 1 mes

Sure. That for men or for women stuff is just advertising

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

For sure! They might have more “manly” smells so just beware of that. Have you researched what type of deodorant is best for your issue?

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.