Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Family & RelationshipsWeddings · hace 2 meses

What would be a good color for bridesmaids’ dresses?

My wedding colors are soft pink with greenery and hints of gold (inspiration pic below).  I don’t like the idea of pink bridesmaids dresses bc my friend did that, and I was one of her bridesmaids, and it just looked awful.  All the bridesmaids were completely washed out at her wedding, and only my maid of honor has a skin tone that will look good in a pink dress.  It’s important to me that my bridesmaids get dresses they are comfortable in, so hopefully they will be able to reuse the dresses again later on.  I’m not a fan of green dresses either because I feel like it’s very trendy right now, but I will regret that choice later on.  I thought maybe a light-medium gray dress might work or even a dusty blue with more gray on it.  But will that look okay with the rest of the wedding being pink and green?  Any other ideas?

Actualización:

Example of grayish-blue bridesmaids dresses I like in answers bc I couldn’t figure out how to upload a second picture :)

Attachment image

17 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 2 meses
    Respuesta preferida

I wouldn't do the blue with this.  You've got a really nice vibe with what you have now, and the blue blows it up.  IMO, the same applies to gray or silver.  If anything, it would be the opposite - a champagne gold or even wheat color.  

Also, you might be overthinking on the green (assuming it's like a sage color). I've always loved this color and I've never had trouble finding things in it. 

Here's a champagne gold type dress. (Just showing color not style). 

Attachment image
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

NO grey.  Either a bright green or a dark green would look better.  You don't want to get to "washed" up looking with pale colors.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

I know no one who looks good in gray. If you choose aNY shade of blue, even a blue-gray, I do not think that will look with the gold accents you want. And with a blue-gray with the light pink  your colors will look li,e a baby shower, not a wedding.

To me, it seems like the problem with your color scheme begins with the baby pink. Unless you go with a deeper color, like cranberry. And since a light green is not to your liking, what about a darker shade of green, like grass green or kelly green?

Trying to pick a dress your attendants will wear again is impossible as you cannot please several girls to like the same dress to rewear...unless they pick their own dress in a color shade of your choice.

I have been in four weddings and even though I liked each dress  I never had the opportunity to wear a brides maid dress for another ocassion.

• Trish
    Lv 5
    hace 2 meses

The gray blue sounds great since you don't like pink or green for the occasion dresses.  I would make sure it is a light or pale choice.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 2 meses

It seems to me you've created a no-win situation. You've intentionally selected colors that you do not want your wedding party to wear.  How does that make sense?  So, you either change your colors or add a color.  

You really haven't selected "pink," but rather blush. A great option would be to look for a floral print that include blush and sage, but has a pattern, other colors and potentially either a white or cream back ground.

https://www.google.com/search?q=floral+bridesmaid+...

• drip
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

Quit trying to find a bridesmaid dress that they will wear later. Never works

I really don’t see any shade of gray looking good. 

Why not a darker pink or a deep rose. Or a pale green with a pink bouquet.

Attachment image
  • edward
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

My wife chose a cerulean dress that could be worn different ways for the bridesmaids.  Example, my sister wore hers as a midi, cross back but her maid of honour wore it as a maxi halter(hers was vermillon though.  There were many ways one could wear the same dress.  All you need to do is get the colour and you MOH should be wearing a different dress anyway.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

Gray doesn't look good on many people. You get the same washed out effect as the light pink. What about a deeper shade of pink, or something in the burgundy, wine, cranberry shades. Try to stay in same color family as your wedding colors.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

if you are wearing white then yes. otherwise to go with the colour scheme they would look nice but slightly (only slightly) a lighter grey

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

brown                     

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.