Robert preguntado en PetsReptiles · hace 2 meses

Feeding a ball Python, attempting daily? ?

So I have a new ball python, the breeder I got him from said he has not eaten for a bout a week. Now I know what to feed, how to feed and all that jazz. What I don't know is if I try feeding today and he does not eat it, do I try again tomorrow and keep trying until he eats and then start a schedule from there, or if he doesn't eat today try again next week? 

5 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

How long have you had the snake?   If you havent had him long, he may not eat if he is stressed about his new environment.

How big is he?  What size meal did he have last?

If he is in shed or the husbandry is off, he also may refuse.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

If it is about to shed its skin, then it won't eat. You can try everyday or once every few days. it does not really matter because snakes can go for months without eating.

• hace 2 meses

People always say they know what to do and how to do it and that their temperatures are right but if you are doing stuff wrong and think it’s right that doesn’t work.   People need to say how their setup is what the temps are what they are feeding how they offer it ect. Or no one can tell you why there is something wrong.

Do not try to feed it everyday that will stress it out. If it doesn’t eat you wait a week then try again

• Brian
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

Most of the time, Once a week is all that is needed.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 2 meses

If you just got it within the week, I wouldn't even attempt until next week. Reptiles DO get stressed and they won't eat when they are stressed. You can try, but don't feel defeated if nothing happens. 

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.