Severe performance slowdown on games, how to solve?

I've had this PC for more or less a year, and so far it's been running games beautifully, but recently, I've been experiencing severe lag and fps drops. Witcher III, Fortnite, and FF15 are unplayable, shaders in Minecraft make the game lag horribly, Basically, I can't play anything if it's not a really low-end graphics game.

I've tried clearing the cache, deleting temp files, resetting, and running CCleaner, none of these work.

Model: Acer Aspire GX-783.

Specs: x64 Windows 10 OS, Intel i7-7700 3.60GHz Processor, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU.

4 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

I would have done it already.  Reinstall windows and find that original performance.

• Lex
    Lv 7
    hace 1 mes

There's no reason why your parts shouldn't be able to handle these games you mentioned. As everyone said before, updating your drivers is a good idea.

Worst case scenario you could be dealing with bad RAM. (Which isn't hard to fix because you just pop out the old and pop in the new. 

You can check your installed RAM by going into Settings --> About and then see if it shows 16GB. If it doesn't, then you have some bad RAM.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 mes

There could be a number of reasons like a anti-virus running, software conflict like the recent driver update, sometimes external devices plugged in can cause interference or hard drive or SSD's are too full and can slow your computer down.  Since it's not a old computer, if you have the time, you could do a test where you take out your hard drive or ssd and put in a new hard drive or ssd that you know works and do a fresh install of the OS.  Reinstall all your games and softwares and see if you still have the same problem.

• hace 1 mes

Go to task manager window and find what is running in background.  If you disconnect from the Internet while gaming, you will not need an anti-virus running in background.  Kill off other sucking applications.

If you are using any link to Internet while doing a game, that might be slow and making things crawl.  Check your Internet speed, and contact the service provider what you can do about modem for better speeds.  You might need to pay for a premium connection.

Everything was really slow one weekday morning until I checked Internet access speed.  It was 250 times slower than previous day.  Resetting modem at my end did not change it for better.  Only an effort at the provider's customer service got it to normal.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.