Tom preguntado en HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · hace 2 meses

Why do my parents get mad at me whenever I eat something sugary?

It is so annoying whenever I eat one chocolate bar they always scream at me saying your going to get diabetes. I don't eat sweets that often but when I do they shout and get mad at me for a few day because of it. What should I do?

5 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

I was the Chairman of Outreach for the Diabetes Society of the Santa Clara Valley and have had extensive training in diabetes.  You can assure them that sugar does not cause diabetes. 

• hace 2 meses

If you don't eat sweets that often, then don't worry so much about it.  Lilly's makes chocolate bars which are low sugar.  You might look into those if you're into chocolate.  

• hace 2 meses

Unfortunately, young sir, it's because your parents are ignorant to the facts of what causes diabetes and who is at risk of developing it.

What you COULD do is educate yourself on diabetes and TRY to educate your parents.  Obviously, it would help them to understand if you could get legitimate sources of information. i.e. not like some of the clowns that regularly post on here, who have little, to no, knowledge about diabetes.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

Just don't let them see you.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

Your grandparents are from another generation.Even today many people uneducated in diabetes , think that sweets cause diabetes. They are of course wrong.They remember their old aunt who had diabetes who suffered and then died.Things have changed since then.We know how to care for those with diabetes much better and that sweets have nothing to deal with that. What should you do ? eat your chocolate else where.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.