Regwah
Lv 7
Regwah preguntado en Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · hace 5 meses

Might critical self reflection be just as good as confessing sins to Jesus or whatever?

3 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 5 meses
    Respuesta preferida

I'm not sure what you mean by the *whatever' part means Reg, but through experience I can say Jesus Christ authenticates me 100%' more so, than anyone, or any 'whatever'.  Confession is like coming to a crossroads in our lives; like the camel who can't enter the city without unloading all things; and the eye of the needle is a great analogy of how small this gateway is. Jesus Christ is the thread, God uses to pull us through.  He declared to us that He is The Life, The Truth, and The Way!

Sometimes we are very blessed through confession when another person helps us arrive to the place of inner restoration; and that is a time when we also are so thankful for the peace that comes beyond all understanding.

The tricky thing about self-investigation; is what if, the mind or ego  deceives a person? And this can happen to believers as well... as wrong desires, hardened mindsets, hardened hearts many times only hear and listen to the voices that control and are over them.  

The beautiful thing is we all want to know the fruit of justification; which has the meaning of; 'just from sinfulness'.  What I see as part of the problem, is this as Paul said:  "We all sin, falling short of the Glory of God." (paraphrased).

I'm a great supporter of self reflection Reg; as I understand it, you are wanting to know if the mind of a person who doesn’t join in with those who believe in God will reach equal understanding and freedom. Or one could say, how one reaches *justification*, and a sense of inner balance. (My guess.) 

Even Shakespeare identified with questions such as this; and penned this:

“All that glitters is not gold.” Shakespeare said it 500 years ago, but many still haven’t learned it. Actually here’s more on what Shakespeare wrote, it’s so good, I’ll share it!

“All that glisters is not gold;

Often have you heard that told:

Many a man his life hath sold (Many have sold their lives/souls)

But my outside to behold. (To see my shiny surface)

Gilded tombs do worms enfold. (But gilded tombs actually hold worms)”

What, when we want to be authenticated are we willing to do, so that we know who we are, what we have done?   Are we willing to acknowledge some grievous behaviour, mode of thinking; then forsake it? Confession breaks chains.  To me part of deep introspection means I must be willing to see, the ugly, the bad, the good, wanting the best in myself to shine forth -> our souls go through the stages through repentance. Our conscience doesn’t exactly give us The Best in all cases Reg to measure ourselves with; as some consciences have sold out long ago and are hardened.  And that why I used this from Shakespeare  as an example concerning this topic. 

Our conscience alone, could take us to fool’s gold, or some gilded casket; even Shakespeare knew this and tried to warn us all.  *So a man thinketh, so he is!*. What if a person has a distorted conscience, what if his denials are so high, and warped?  

This is a short description of a book, and I think you'll get the gist of what I am trying to say... some undercurrent, overtone... perhaps.  

This book (All Quiet on the Western Front) is to be neither an accusation nor a confession, and least of all an adventure, for death is not an adventure to those who stand face to face with it. It will try simply to tell of a generation of men who, even though they may have escaped shells, were destroyed by the war. -Erich Maria Remarque, novelist (22 Jun 1898-1970) 

We need to be sure of what it is our conscience is saying to us, so we aren't destroyed by the war, ending up in some gilded  casket self-made!!  Know what I mean?  Jesus Christ set the standard, and we can TRUST IN HIM.

There are vast undertones, overtones, as to why confession is good for a believer; also for a person who is just remorseful or inquisitive we can ask why it is people feel a sense of the greatest relief when sin is confessed. For one thing, it’s a declaration to all the spear- its that tempt us that we aren't going to be available or held to our past; we have been Redeemed through Jesus Christ. Additionally, the peace that surpasses all understanding frees a person.  (there's a lot to all of this Reg, so bear with me!)

When it comes to errant behaviour, or some sinful area a person discovers within his/her heart, all of us want justification in certain degrees. For the soul that has come to Jesus Christ; we know such a profound liberty happens when AND AS we confess our sins TO GOD THROUGH HIM! A cleansing of profound beauty. After an astounding life altering confession, incomparable authenticity results. Something a person can’t reflect upon, but can only know through the experience.  Thanks for the questions Reg; as they help me define myself in a better way!! 

And while I do think that critical self-introspection can springboard us into living much better lives acting like a stepping stone,  the journey leads us further- to the Cornerstone! (Jesus Christ) And that we are all meant to have Him Know us, as He searches our hearts, minds and souls... as only He can~> with the Comforter today!! (The Comforter takes us into states of bliss, peace, without the need to be ***critical**** ~ and that is, all part of the easements given through confessional moments!)

I'm grateful, that Jesus Christ invested Himself for us, to be in us because His assurance authenticates us; most of all!! 

• Davros
    Lv 7
    hace 5 meses

I would imagine that any method allowing us constructive reflection on our failures and limitations is helpful. You can only grow as an individual by knowing what to put right what you originally got wrong.

And I do stress "constructive" because there are any number of both religious and non-religious ways to critically examine ourselves that is anything but. Plenty of personal experience of those :(

• Anónimo
    hace 5 meses

In a word ..... no.

1 John 1:9 KJV — If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.