Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Arts & HumanitiesDancing · hace 2 meses

Kirov Academy of Ballet?

I recently got accepted to the Kirov Academy's Pre-Professional/Trainee program for the 2020-21 school year. I attended the summer intensive in 2019, and loved the classes. However, as I was planning on going to college (which was a backup plan, mostly), I need to make a decision very soon (because of tuition payments, etc). 

Generally I just want to know if the program is worth it. It is a dream of mine to become a professional dancer, but I used to chalk it up to be just a dream. Does the school have a good enough reputation and quality to delay a university education for? What are the general pros and cons?

2 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 2 meses
    Respuesta preferida

Yes, it’s a good school. However, if you have to ask strangers on the internet a question like this, you apparently don’t really have the fire in your belly to become a professional dancer. The Kirov in DC has produced a large number of professional dancers, (despite Vaganova training dropping in popularity with major ballet companies in recent years) but not everyone who attends becomes a professional dancer. There are no guarantees. Ballet careers are short and a great many attend college in off season or after their careers are over. If you don’t need to dance like you need the air to breathe, perhaps you should attend college. 

• hace 1 mes

Good God. When I was fifteen I would have killed to be accepted for the Kirov.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.