Downloading music to play in the car.  What am I doing wrong?

I'm officially "out of the tech loop" now and although I did manage to sync up the bluetooth on my phone and car (whatever that means) how can I get the music to play automacially?  Unless I actually take the time to go to either audio or downloads on my phone and physically hit play, then it works but it won't work or show up on the screen in the car for me to just hit play or skip or shuffle.  Any help would e greatly appreciated!  

5 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

I just pop some tunes onto a thumb drive. Most cars have USB ports now.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

You are expecting too much. The car stereo accepts the phone as an auxillary source of music. The bluetooth is a wireless connection for the audio signal only. It is little different than an audio cable or a wired connection between the phone and the car stereo head unit.  It is not going to give you control of your phone. You of course have to control the way the music is played at the phone's own interface. In the old days, if you connect a portable CD player to your car stereo using an audio cable, you would have to control the way the CD is played by using the CD player's own controls.  If your car stereo has an SD card slot, then you can have more control of what songs you play directly from the head unit (that is what they call the in dash unit of the car stereo system). You can put songs on the SD card, and use the head unit's controls to play the music or skip to the next track. You can try using your blackberry with your car stereo and see what happens. I doubt that you can control the blackberry with your stereo either. The blackberry may have autoplay but as I said, the bluetooth is only a connection for the audio signal and nothing more.

• hace 2 meses

This is one of those MANY technical matters    

for which it is best to find someone who can help you in person.

• hace 2 meses

I thank you for even answering me! I have a 2018 Camaro and I turned on the bluetooth on my phone and then went through the manual in my car to "sync" it up and it recognized my phone. So why won't it play? Does it have anything to do with where the music is on my phone? I have some songs that downloaded to "audio" and then a few that downloaded to just "downloads."

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

First, you have not stated the player information in the car by brand and model number. Unless it is designed to hardwire work with a phone, it doesn't store the music so doesn't control anything.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.