Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · hace 2 meses

Is this a good build for a gaming pc?

Attachment image

4 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 2 meses

For strictly gaming, the R7 3800X isn't much better than a 3700X, which itself isn't too far above the 3600. If you plan on doing stuff like video editing or streaming the extra two cores might help,  but for gaming it's less than a 20% difference for more than $100 over the 3600. Unless you're planning on spending the money for a 3900X, the 3600 will do just fine for gaming as it's only slightly below the 8-core Ryzens.

Unless you're set on that motherboard, you can get one that has WiFi built in for not too much more than the price of that board.

32GB of RAM isn't entirely necessary but it won't really hurt anything. You could probably get a little more performance if you went with 16GB of 3600 MHz RAM and still be around the same price if not less.

The sound card is kind of an optional thing. If you have good headphone/speakers that need an amp you might notice the difference between onboard or you might not. If your budget is tight it's a piece you can easily omit and not lose much of anything.

• hace 2 meses

I had the Ryzen 7 3800x. It's not any better than the 3700x in gaming. With Ryzen processors, the best thing to do is either go with the 3700x or spring for the 3900x.

32gb of RAM is overkill for gaming. Right now 16gb of RAM is more than enough. 32gb of RAM is helpful for video editing and streaming your gameplay.

I've never used a soundcard either. Half the time, soundcards are notorious for driver issues. You would need a good set of speakers or a great headset the get the most out of a soundcard. Modern motherboards come with integrated sound. It would probably be for the best to ditch the soundcard and go with the Ryzen 9 3900x instead.

The RTX 2080 Super is only 10% to 15% faster than the RTX 2070 Super, which makes it not a good value. 

I see the monitor in the list is a standard 1080p/60hz monitor. A system with 16gb of RAM, a Ryzen 5 1600, and an RTX 2060 will max out games at 1080p while delivering 60fps or more. 

• Lex
    Lv 7
    hace 2 meses

I've never needed to purchase a sound card in any of my gaming computers. I don't know what a PC Assembly Labour is. Is that protection plan. If it is, then yeah, it's a good idea.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

Hmmm............what do you expect me to say, no? 

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.