Anónimo
Anónimo preguntado en Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · hace 2 meses

Was this real or fake?

I saw this on a TV show recently. An attractive female college student worked 3 days at a local coffee shop that had a tip cup by the cash register. This coffee shop is a very busy one with a lot of customers.

On day one she dressed so it appeared that she was flat chested. The tips for that day were $4.60.

The second day she wore a sweater that showed she had VERY BIG boobs. The tips for that day were $14.10.

The third day she showed A LOT OF CLEAVAGE. The tips for that day were $22.30.

Do you think this was real or fake?

5 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 2 meses
    Respuesta preferida

Do I think women with large breasts get bigger tips? Yes.

• hace 2 meses

It was an experiment and proved that "sex sells".

• hace 2 meses

The actual details may have been fabricated but the general principle they are based on is sound.

• hace 2 meses

100% real, though the sample size is too small to draw conclusions.  

First of all, it makes sense.  We're biologically programmed.  But there are actual social science studies of this effect.  Now, I'm the first one to tell you to never trust the social sciences.  They're more 'science' than science, if you know what I mean.

But this one is so common sensical that it's hard to doubt.  The one surprising thing is that they found that FEMALE patrons were nearly as likely to give bigger tips to bigger boobs as MALE patrons.  

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 2 meses

"Do you think this was real or fake?"

The boobs or the tips?

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.