Is there any railroad on an island?
- StephenWeinsteinLv 7hace 3 mesesRespuesta preferida
Yes. Japan has railroads and they are all on islands (Japan is all on islands).
The Northeast Corridor (an Amtrak railroad line in the U.S. which was originally the Penn Central Railroad) runs through Manhattan, which is an island.
- JonLv 7hace 1 mes
Assuming relatively small islands, not ones on the scale of Japan or Green Britain, then there are:
- Isle of Wight, England (2 railways).
- Isle of Man (4 railways, including tramways)
- Alderney, Channel Islands.
- Sicily (with a train ferry to the Italian mainland)
- the Lüttmoorsiel-Nordstrandischmoor island railway https://youtu.be/DULlPrOOtuc
- hace 2 meses
Have you ever heard of Long Island?
- StarryskyLv 7hace 3 meses
Islands with railroads:
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Oahu, Hawaii, Kauai islands, State of Hawaii
Cuba has many.
New Zealand (both halves)
Luzon, Panay, Cebu, Philippines
A few Caribbean island ones that I have seen on TV, but cannot remember which place.
- ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
- SSP Bowl DudeLv 7hace 3 meses
I've taken trains in London numerous times. Railroads were invented in the UK.
Japan is known for its railroads.
- FLv 6hace 3 meses
The Isle of Man has a railways to the top of a mountain.
- MikeLv 7hace 3 meses
The Long Island Rail Road.
- JetDocLv 7hace 3 meses
Yes, there is. .
- regeruggedLv 7hace 3 meses
Yes. Australia. Madagasgar.
- BarryLv 5hace 3 meses
Yes. We have railroads in Great Britain which is an island.