Aniya preguntado en SportsOther - Sports · hace 3 meses

Is 19 to old to start gymnastics?

6 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 mes

No ........................

• Anónimo
    hace 3 meses

Let´s say if you start now and in 3 years or so you still don´t have your splits ready you definitely will give up.

• Anónimo
    hace 3 meses

nope, it's not! yes, many start when they are 4-8, but a lot pick it up during their teenage/young adult years. Even people start when they are 20,30,40... 

gymnastics is such an awesome sport, and you are definitely not too old to enjoy it. 

there is a possibility you could even compete if you wanted.. depends on gym/program. I'm pretty sure there are adult competitions, and in the Xcel program there isn't really an age limit! 

if you don't want to compete OR before you compete/join team, you may want to do recreational classes or take private lessons. these will really help. 

After lockdown, I am going to take a gymnastics class. I am 17 and have been teaching myself several basic skills since I was 14. I would love to compete, take a class, and have a private lesson. 

Do it, you will likely not regret it! :) 

• Anónimo
    hace 3 meses

For fun? That’s fine. 

To be a world class, competitive gymnast?  19 is nearing retirement age for most. 

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Matt
    Lv 5
    hace 3 meses

Depends why you are starting. If you are hoping to compete in the olympics, you might struggle to catch up with others who have been doing it for longer. If you just want to do it for your own health and fitness, then it is never too late

• Hans
    Lv 4
    hace 3 meses

No. Definately not.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.