Evolutionists, will you take a challenge and read about DNA in Wikipedia or other source? Then can you believe it all occurred over a long?

period of time by chance?

16 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    hace 8 meses

I have already read more than a hundred articles and books on the subject, so am quite well informed. You, on the other hand, obviously have not done so.

born again Christian biologist

• hace 8 meses

It certainly takes greater faith in chance and freak luck than I have.

• Anónimo
    hace 8 meses

yes dawkins will win he the dawking

• hace 8 meses

Fundie, will you take a challenge AND READ SOMETHING INTELLIGENT. DNA did not happen by "chance".

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 8 meses

Will you take the challenge to expand your learning, in an objective manner, far beyond the simplistic description of DNA on wikipedia?  For example we know that there are multiple methods of amino acids forming in space and early earth like conditions, we have created self replicating enzymes, and much, much more. Realistically given what we know, it is hard not to think that life would have formed on every planet or moon where the conditions are somewhat favorable and that would mean billions of planets in our galaxy alone.

It's not about belief, it's about what the facts show, and while you are talking about abiogenesis and not evolution, evolution is solid science and so fundamental, biology would make little sense without it. Not only do genetics and fossils independently provide enough evidence for evolution, but we have thousands of years of domestication of plants and animals that shows that evolution is a fact.

• hace 8 meses

People are not "evolutionists" any more than people who accept cell theory are "cell theorists". I presume you're referring to the complexity of the process whereby genes are transcribed for protein synthesis. What happens today in that respect is the end process of many million years of evolution, some of which can be conjectured from the way in which certain virus genomes work. RNA, for example, may be the original substrate for genes and have been transcribed directly. Nothing I've learned about genetics, molecular biology and biochemistry has suggested I need to conclude that divine intervention is at all likely. In fact it does the opposite (e.g. immune responses to proteins in closely related species and the temperature at which hybridised DNA separates when in solution).

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    hace 8 meses

Try reading scientific papers instead of wikipedia,. The Christian head of the Human Genome project has stated that Genetics alone proves evolution.  I also laugh at the answer on polystrate trees, but the user apparently has me blocked.  Another example of the intellectual dishonesty of creationists. They quote a "proof" of a worldwide flood that was debunked 150 years ago. 

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/polystrate/trees.h...

• Anónimo
    hace 8 meses

Christers, you share 98% of your DNA with CHIMPANZEES, in spite of the fact that your bible says the first man was made out of DIRT.   Explain that for us. 

• Anónimo
    hace 8 meses

You don’t think this tree grew through billions of years of rock do you?

Trees like this are found all over the world; buried UPRIGHT in the mud during the worldwide flood. Extreme pressure (from billions of tons of water) caused the mud to solidify into rock. The one and only reason why fossils even exist is because of the flood.

Atheists: get to repenting already; time is almost up.

Attachment image
  • gillie
    Lv 7
    hace 8 meses

I've taken college level biology and read about the DNA evidence for evolution. I know far more about DNA than some creationist preacher who never took a real science class in his life. I also had college level organic chemistry so I know perfectly well that organic structures can form all by themselves and don't need a god gluing them together.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.