?
Lv 7
? preguntado en Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · hace 12 meses

Do i have any reason to be worried?

So, we're having the house repainted, and the painters are using scaffolding to reach the high parts. A lightning storm is heading towards us, and im wondering if the house being surrounded by conductive galvanised steel poles significantly increases the chance of a lightning strike?

10 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 12 meses
    Respuesta preferida

You're fine. The ladders are touching the ground so on the off chance that did happen, it would just go into the ground.

• Anónimo
    hace 4 semanas

ahahah u jealous pink tittttiiieed bitjch I got my own condos in each and every town and fly sky high on the regs

• Anónimo
    hace 3 meses

you ask too many questions. GO ASK THE PAINTERS. not us now worry about that

• Anónimo
    hace 5 meses

Got anymore subhuman conservative opinions?

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 7 meses

What is so bad about denigrating, labeling, and ostracizing people for their opinions?

• Anónimo
    hace 11 meses

No. not an issue.

• Anónimo
    hace 12 meses

As long as I'm free of tension, no one cares

• Anónimo
    hace 12 meses

If it completely surrounds the house, you have a Farady Cage - which is a much better deal than you would otherwise have.

• hace 12 meses

nothing to worry about 

• hace 12 meses

Very unlikely. The scaffolding is grounded anyway so any strike to it will run down the poles to ground.  Exactly the same as a lightning conductor.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.