Would a mechanic show me?

So I want to take my carburetor to get rebuilt but I want to learn how to do it as well. I would obviously pay for the service but do you think the mechanic would let me stay there and see him do the work? ( maybe he'd explain how to it as well)

21 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 2 años

If a person is mechanicly inclined and can figure out how to take mechanical things apart then you may be able to rebuild it yourself. Best way to learn is go buy the same used second carb. Use it for practice. Take it apart slowly seeing what part went where and how it went back on. Take videos or pictures to fall back on. Auto parts sell a gallon can with carb. Cleaner where you can completely diasasimbled the carb. And put all the parts in in a metal basket and soak for an hr. or so. Then take out and flush with water after you rinse good use air with air nozzle pressure to blow out all the water and moisture from all parts. Use a clean table to assimbly the carb. Replacing all the parts in the carb. Kit. After installing the carb back on the engine there are some adjustments to be made depending if it's a one , two, or four barrel car. The idle adjustment, air fuel mixture adjustment, the choke , choke idle speed, the A/C idle adjustment, and the dash pod return. Takes practice but fun when learning. You make a mistake and have to remove carb disassemble and figure out where the problem is. Oh don't forget to adjust float level. Good luck

• hart
    Lv 6
    hace 2 años

you will have no clue whats going on

• Anónimo
    hace 2 años

That is the way it was done in the past. Gender matters, though. If you can find an independent mechanic it still is that way. But all the volume places make you sit in the smelly office, for insurance purposes.

• hace 2 años
  • ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • zipper
    Lv 7
    hace 2 años

NO! His insurance will not cover you in his shop. Besides a one time coarse is a wast of time, you will never learn enough to do it in a one time coarse.

• hace 2 años

Watch a youtube video on how to overhaul a carb.

• hace 2 años

Just like asking the store clerk to sell you a jigsaw puzzle, then watch you work it. Take a class on auto mechanics.

• Anónimo
    hace 2 años

The best way to learn is just take it apart and rebuild it yourself. Now you will have problems but when you figure out what you did wrong and how to correct the problem, I assure you that you will learn a lot more then someone showing you how.

• hace 2 años

Have you tried You Tube for videos?

• hace 2 años

Mechanic's rates: $75 per hr. $100 per hr if you watch. $200 per hr if you help.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.