F150 MPG decrease?

I just had my 2005, 5.4 engine and 130K miles professionally tuned. After two tanks of gas my MPG has dropped from 13 to 10. My mechanic is baffled. Any suggestions?

8 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 3 años

Hi it a word engine wear.

• hace 3 años

Check the tire pressure. Try a different brand of gas. Do an OBD2 code reader check. Everybody should have one of those.

• hace 3 años

Are your sensors in good condition?

• Sean
    Lv 5
    hace 3 años

Take the dead bodies out from the bed. The extra weight is causing the trick to run harder.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • J J
    Lv 7
    hace 3 años

It may be stuck in open loop. The engine temp coming up to normal? Did he clean the idle control valve? Wrong plugs? Air filter installed correctly?

• not
    Lv 7
    hace 3 años

Nothing is tuneable on that vehicle. What did the mechanic do? Does he know how to read pid data and see if any sensor reads are off?

I always have to ask how mpg is being calculated and has anything changed in your life. 95% of people are not actually calculating anything. Last week $30 got me everywhere and this week it took $40 with no regard for the trip to disneyland on that tank.

• hace 3 años

Check the spark plugs, if one or two or not firing (wet) this will cause fuel mileage to go down.

• Anónimo
    hace 3 años

maybe they raised the idle or something

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.