Ocimom
Lv 7
Ocimom preguntado en PetsHorses · hace 5 años

Does anyone keep horses and cows in the same pasture. If not, why not?

5 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Rosie
    Lv 7
    hace 5 años
    Respuesta preferida

It CAN be done, if it's a large enough pasture.

But, because of cows teeth, or lack of, they can't graze as close as a horse can. So on a smaller pasture, the horses eat the grass down to far and the cows won't get enough to eat.

• hace 4 años

Like Pamela, we used to as well. I keep some calves and a couple of young steers for training purposes (I train working quarter horses) Once in a while they'll end up in the horse pastures but I try to avoid it. Small landholders do it all the time though.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    hace 5 años

We were driving in the country and my husband asked me this question. We have never seen horses and cows kept in the same area - they may be next to each other with a fence between them but we would like to know is there a reason to not keep horses and cows together in the same field.

• ?
    Lv 4
    hace 5 años

I don't and it's because I don't own cows. I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but I just wanted to contribute! Lol

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Pamela
    Lv 7
    hace 5 años

We used to many years ago, but now because we have gotten older we don't have either.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.