Burned_Toast preguntado en PetsDogs · hace 5 años

Can't afford the Vet?

I don't know what happened but today i woke up and my sisters dog was badly cut because his skin below his eye is open and kind of hanging and you can see the meat inside. My sister and boyfriend ( living together) can't afford the Vet so they're just lettting it heal itself but I doubt it'll heal it self. Any ideas on what to do? I want to take him to the vet but i only got $122 in my debit card....and i'm sure they'll need to stitch him up.

7 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 5 años

There is a line of credit you can sign up for online called Care Credit. It's just like a normal credit card but it is exclusively for medical. It can be used at veterinarian offices as well. If you go through all the steps they will let you know right away what your credit limit will be, and will give you a temporary print out that you can us in the meantime.

I have one that I use solely for my pets and their Dr.visits, and so far it's worked great.

They will also provide a list of local vet offices that take the Care Credit, as not all do (though I haven't had a problem finding any).

• Anónimo
    hace 5 años

Your sister could apply for care credit and still get her pet treated or she could find a local humane society or spca that has a clinic that operates on a sliding fee scale basis to get their pet treated. It's neglect and could be criminal neglect for the lot of you to sit around and hope it heals on its own like that. At least you're doing something responsible by asking, too bad your sister and her man can't say the same thing and are sitting with their heads up their @sses. If they can't be responsible and try to use their brains and figure out how to obey the law and get their pet the medical treatment they are legally required to instead of neglecting their pet's needs then they need to grow up a hell of a lot and surrender their dog to a shelter where he CAN get the treatment and be adopted by people that are a hell of a lot smarter than those two idiots are combined.

• hace 5 años

No need to lie. You and your sister can afford a vet just fine. You can both afford the net, cable, cell phones and other luxries so you can afford a vet. The both of you are just too cheap and lazy to bother.

Since you dont want to bother to pay vet bills surrender the poor dog so it wont have to suffer your lazyness any more

• hace 5 años

This dog will be in agony. Surely the three of you can combine your finances to pay for veterinary treatment.

If you live in the UK and you unemployed or on any benefits you can get free treatment for your dog. All you need is proof of your benefits. Even if it’s just reduced council tax you can apply to the PDSA or Dogs Trust for their help. I think that Blue Cross might also help.

There are vets in other parts of the world who will agree to spread the payments, consequently you should telephone them and ask before you arrange an appointment. There is also an organization called Credit Care, Google Credit care for dogs however this may not be available in the UK.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • T B
    Lv 5
    hace 5 años

Clean it with betadine scrub. If the eye is not involved, you might be able to close it yourself once it's clean. If the eye is involved, try calling the humane society to see if they have a low cost or free clinic.

• Anónimo
    hace 5 años

You have broadband, well pet health insurance costs less. sort out your priorities or hand the dog to a shelter before you are all prosecuted for neglect.

• hace 5 años

Tell them to apply for Care credit otherwise they shouldn't own a dog, period.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/GLLNTKNIGHT...

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.