Maritza preguntado en Society & CultureLanguages · hace 7 años

Help with english pronunciation?

I don't understand what's the difference between the pronunciation of words like beach-bi*ch or sheet- sh*t; everyone tells me they sound different but I hear exactly the same :(

4 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 7 años
    Respuesta preferida

beach, it pronounced as a hard 'e', so if it was spelt like it sounded, it would be "beech". bi*ch is a soft 'i' as you could say 'if' apposed to 'island'.

sheet, is the same as beach. carefully listen to how the vowels are pronounced. maybe get a friend or family member to repeat it over to you so you can hear the difference in your head.

• Commenter avatarInicia sesión para responder preguntas
  • hace 7 años

Beach and sheet. Sound them out. Hear it? It's like it's saying beech, sheeet. ***** is pronounced something like bih (silent h) ch. Beech bih ch. **** is prounounced like shiht. (That second h is silent though). Shiht sheet. In beach and sheet, the E's are longer. It's like EEEEEEE. In **** and ***** it's like IH. bIHtch. Hope this helps. If not, forget the whole thing.

Fuente(s): English speaker
  • Joey
    Lv 5
    hace 7 años

Ok,

The swear words here have a "weak i" sound like in d-i-fferent. Less emphasis, kind of an "ih"

The other two have a ee sound, as in nintendo w-ii- or hEAr or bEE.

Wheeeee!!

• hace 7 años

beach has a long E sound while b^tch has more of a short E sound.

sheet = loong E Sh*t = short E

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.